6|| "ꜱᴏ ꜱᴛᴜᴘɪᴅ!"

Nateya was in the middle of her Marui tuning her guitar. Dr. Max Patel had given her all of Natalie's guitar related items when she passed away. She was grateful for this since using a tuner made her life easier. She would never get over how cool the little square of technology was, it made her wonder how the Sky People had made this.

Nateya heard footsteps and looked up to see her Neytiri holding a basket full of items.

"Hey Mama," She said to her mother while giving her a small smile.

"Hello Nateya," Neytiri replied while walking to one side of the Marui as she started to sort out the items.

"How is your leg?"

"It's healed now," Nateya answered.

"That's good, why aren't you with your sisters or brothers? I heard they're out swimming," Neytiri asked her daughter.

"Swimmings cool and all but I'd like to play the guitar," Nateya responded as she propped herself against a wall in the Marui.

Neytiri nodded her head.

"Could you play me the song Tuk really likes? It'd be nice to hear some music while I'm sorting out these," she said while gesturing to the scattered items on the ground.

"Of course Mama."

Nateya got into position and started playing. Her mother understood why Tuk liked the music so much. It was calming and made her feel at ease. Neytiri stopped organising the items and kneeled down facing away from her daughter. A sad smile formed on Neytiri's face. The music also gave her a sense of nostalgia.

Nateya finished the song and look at her mother.

"Mama?' The girl looked a bit worried.

Neytiri turned around, facing her daughter. Nateya saw the sad smile on her mother's face. She put down the guitar and went to comfort her.

"Come here," she said while kneeling down to embrace her mother.

Neytiri wrapped her arms around her daughter.

"You play beautifully Nateya."

"Thank you Mama." Nateya responded, feeling happy that her mother enjoyed her playing. Neytiri let go of her daughter.

"Check up on Kiri for me would you?"

Nateya nodded her head and walked outside the Marui. She walked along the shore kicking the sand until she heard shouting.

"So stupid!"

Her ears perked up. She recognized the voice as Kiri's. She sprinted to the source of all the shouting and saw a brawl going on.

"What is happening?" Nateya asked, popping up right next to Kiri.

"Aonung and his friends were calling us freaks so Lo'ak punched him," Kiri responded.

"Ow my tail!"

"Oww my ear! Let me go!"

Nateya watched in amusement while Kiri was giggling. The elder sister sighed. She debated whether she should break up the fight or help her brothers. Nateya scratched her head. She knew that breaking up the fight would be the proper decision, but she was itching for a fight. The last time she properly fought was a few years ago when a group of boys were making fun of Kiri. Since then, she had to be responsible and make wise decisions so her Father wouldn't be disappointed in her.

"Fuck it." Nateya thought as she ran towards the tussling boys.

Kiri thought her sister was going to break up the fight, but instead was surprised to see her kick the boy who was dragging Lo'ak. Kiri found it funny and covered her mouth to stop herself from laughing. A boy smaller than her then tackled her to the ground. He landed a punch on the side of her face before she pushed him off of her and punched him in the face. The boy was dazed. It hurt like a bitch.

Another boy snuck behind Nateya and grabbed her hair. She hissed at him and then proceeded to bite his arm. He yelped in pain as he retreated back. She swept him off his feet and was about to hit him until Nateya, in the corner of her eye, saw Aonung pinning Neteyam to the ground getting ready to punch him. She launched herself towards Aonung and tackled him to the ground. The boy quickly overpowered her and was about to punch her until he realised who it was. Aonung's eyes widened not expecting her to be there. Nateya struggled underneath him while he just stared at her.

This was the first time he noticed her facial features. He noticed the girl's golden eyes that glistened in the sunlight, the stripes that were all around her face in jagged patterns, the way her nose scrunched up when she tried to push him off, the small scar she had right next to her left eye.

For some reason, unknown to Aonung himself, he couldn't bring himself to punch her. So instead, he lightly slapped the girls forehead with the back of his hand. She tilted her head in confusion. Before she could say anything, Aonung was tackled off of her.

"Don't stay on top of my sister like that you skxawng!" Neteyam shouted at Aonung while punching him. Nateya shook her head, removing whatever happened with Aonung just now out her head. She saw Neteyam punching the life out of poor Aonung. She then turned to Lo'ak and was about to help him until she felt a hand on her shoulder.

"Break up the fight, right now." She turned around to see her father with an angry, mixed with disappointment, look on his face. Nateya instantly felt guilt. Her father then walked over to Neteyam and Aonung.

She made her way over to Lo'ak who was in a 3v1. She sighed and put a serious face on. She did not want to seem weak.

"Are you guys finished?" She asked the boys while giving her signature glare at them.

"Your buddy over there looks pretty beaten," Nateya pointed her head over to Aonung who was slowly standing up with Jake's help. The Metkayina boys dropped Lo'ak and rushed over to their beaten up friend. She grabbed her little brother's arm and helped him up. Neteyam then made his way over to the two of them.

"Good job for standing up for yourselves and Kiri," Their sister praised them with a smile.

Lo'ak and Neteyam raised their eyebrows and looked at the other. They thought they were going to get scolded by her.

Kiri then came running over.

"Oh no, you three don't look so relaxed yet. I'd be surprised if Dad doesnt skin you guys," Kiri said, still giggling at what happened. The giggling instantly stopped when their father made his way to the four of them.

"Marui. Now." he said sternly.

Nateya sighed and turned to look at the Metkayina boys.

"Call my family freaks again," she then turned the the boy she bit.

"I'll be sure to bite your arm off next time," She then clawed the air in front of the boy's face while snarling at him. He shuddered and took a step back, covering the four marks in his arm.

"Nateya." Jake glared at her.

"Sorry sir," she said while looking at the ground. The four of them walked to their Marui while Jake trailed behind.

She turned to look back at Aonung. She saw that he was looking back at her.

"Turn to the front," Her father told her. She nodded and did as he said. She was confused on why the boy didn't punch her and instead gave her a light slap. She just left it alone and looked at Neteyam.

"You really beat the shit out of that boy Teyam." she whispered.

He looked at his sister.

"Well he was just sitting there, on top of you," he whispered back, letting out a small growl.

Nateya quietly laughed and pat her brother's shoulder.

.

.

.

Words: 1291
Happy New Year to you all! Hope you guys have a great year.
Also tysm for over 100 votes.
I literally got so scared earlier that I lost all my writing but I figured how to restore it so yeah 😭

Thanks for reading <3