1|| "ʟᴏ'ᴀᴋ ʏᴏᴜ ꜱᴋxᴀᴡɴɢ!"

Nateya was flying her Ikran alongside her brothers, Neteyam and Lo'ak while raiding one of the Sky people's bases.

The thrill excited her and she was in awe at all the destruction around her.

She was the eldest child of the Sully family, she was feisty with the skills of a warrior, yet she was extremely caring aswell and would do anything to keep her family safe. Even if it meant death.

Her dad, the one and only Jake Sully, trusted her to keep her brothers safe while on this mission.

The task she was given was going smoothly, until her idiot of a brother suggested a stupid idea.

"Bro! We have got to get down there," Lo'ak called out to Neteyam.

"No way, dad will skin us!" Neteyam argued.

Neteyam also pointed his head to Nateya's direction.

"She will aswell," he added.

Lo'ak looked over to his older sister and exhaled in relief to see she wasn't paying attention, and instead was looking at the ground beneath them.

"She's not looking," Lo'ak said.

He then turned to Neteyam.

"Come on, don't be a wuss," Lo'ak teased.

He then proceeded to fly his Ikran down to the battlefield.

"Lo'ak, get back here you-!" Neteyam protested but it was too late. He yelled in frustration and followed Lo'ak.

It was only then Nateya looked to where she thought her brothers were, except they were no longer there. She looked down and saw them flying their Ikrans towards the ground.

"Idiots!" she hissed in anger. She could never get a break with those two around.

But like the protective older sister she was, she flew her Ikran down to the battle field.

Nateya landed on the ground next to them.

"Bro, let's go! Come on!" Lo'ak shouted excitedly.

"Lo'ak!" Neteyam yelled to his brother.

Nateya ran over to the eldest brother.

"What is this idiot doing now Neteyam!" she angrily yelled at him.

"I'm sorry sister, I tried to stop him!" Neteyam apologised to his sister, not wanting to get scold after all of this was over.

She pinched the bridge of her nose sighing in frustration. She then looked over to her skxawng of a brother.

"Lo'ak you skxawng! Get back here now!" she yelled at him.

Lo'ak turned around, seeing the raged look on his older sister's face made him shudder. Lo'ak debated if he should go back to her, but decided not to. He knew that either way, he would get an earful from her after this.

"Sorry sis!" he yelled back to Nateya.

Nateya was fuming as Lo'ak ran towards to where all the guns were getting handed out.

She would be lying if she said she didn't feel a bit excited being on the battlefield.

But she didn't have time to enjoy it as her main priority was her youngest brother's safety.

"Come Teyam," Nateya called out to the eldest brother.

Neteyam sighed in relief.

Nateya only used his full name when she was really angry or if it was something important.

Teyam was the nickname Nateya gave Neteyam ever since they were little. She and Neteyam were twins. Fortunately for Nateya, she was the older one.

Nateya would always tease Neteyam for being a few minutes younger than her. Being the oldest was great, yet there were a few downsides.

She always had to try and live up to her father's expectations since she was going to become the future Olo'eykte.

Nateya wasn't very excited for when she becomes Olo'eykte.

The thought of being the leader made her anxious. She didn't think she was fit to be the leader of a clan.

Sometimes she wished she wasn't born a few minutes before her brother. Nateya knew Neteyam was more suited to be a Leader than she was.

She wanted to be free when she was older, not being restricted to duties all the time.

Nateya would never admit this though, she knew it was selfish and kept these thoughts to herself.

Although responsible, when it came to her family, if they were in any sort of danger. She was willing to break rules.

Back to the battlefield, Neteyam complied and followed his sister.

When they got to Lo'ak, he was full of excitement. Nateya got a bit nervous when she saw him holding a gun while ululating.

She couldn't help but have a small smile on her face seeing the happy look on her youngest brother's face.

"Be careful with it Lo'ak," she warned him.

"You don't even know how to use it," Neteyam continued.

"Dad taught me," Lo'ak said.

It made Nateya feel a bit better to hear that he had some sort of training.

She looked up into the sky.

"Oh shit."

The brothers turned to their sister.

"What is wrong Tey?" Neteyam questioned.

The two boys followed her gaze into the sky.

"Shit! Run!" Neteyam shouted.

"Get to the Ikran now!" Nateya commanded.

"Bro come on!"

To Nateyas horror, she saw a missile heading straight for them.

Her instinct kicked in and she grabbed onto Lo'ak tight while covering his head with her hand.

They landed roughly on the ground.

"Fuck!" Nateya hissed in pain.

"Sister!"

Lo'ak slung his sister's arm over his shoulder and helped her stand up.

Their father came rushing towards them.

"Easy, easy. Are you two okay?" Jake questioned worriedly.

"Yeah I'm fine, but Nateya doesn't look so good," Lo'ak had a scared expression on his face.

Nateya saw it and rubbed her knuckles into his head.

"I'm fine."

When her head cleared, panic settled in. She looked around for Neteyam, but she couldn't find him.

"Where's your brother?"

Nateya wanted to know that aswell.

Lo'ak pointed.

"That way," Lo'ak answered.

"Get you and your sister out of here. Now." Jake ordered.

Lo'ak nodded his head and started helping his sister get to safety.

Nateya felt her vision fading as she heard her brother yelling at her.
.

.

.

.

Words: 951
Author here! I haven't seen many Aonung stories so I figured I'd try to write one myself.
I wouldn't have all this motivation if i hadn't read 'Eternal Love' by rorylorraine! Please go check out their book <3
Their book inspired me to write this.
If you see any mistakes please let me know!
Thank you all for reading this chapter!