Just Another Monday

The weekend passed swiftly, with Y/N spending what time he was alone repairing his damaged suit. Peter had questioned him about his injured eye but Y/N brushed it off as another fight with Flash.

When Monday arrived Y/N walked into his first lesson of the day, English. McGonagall was waiting as he walked in, as usual he was early, he sat down at his table and began to read the last few chapters of Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone. He could tell McGonagall wanted to talk about the whole Spider-Man thing.

"Y/N, about Friday--"

"I'll talk tomorrow in tuition." Y/N said as he looked at her. "Please, just, don't tell anyone, not Pete, not May, only you and Kate know."

"Wait, Kate knows?"

"Yeah, she was patched me up when I climbed through her bedroom window with a knife wound." Y/N said as McGonagall thought for a moment.

"You're secret's safe with me." She said as she smiled. "If she's seen you shirtless, I can understand her eye for you."

"Ha he ha." Y/N said sarcastically as McGonagall smiled.

"I'm serious, you think maybe you could swing by my place every now and then, it gets awful lonely." McGonagall said as Y/N went slightly red in the cheeks. "Spider-Man boxers, cute."

"Seriously, come on. Besides, it's technically my merch, I'm allowed to wear it." Y/N said as McGonagall chuckled.

"Nice abs, you must do great in PE."

"Well, um, I was a bit of a skinny nerd before I got the powers, so yeah, I shouldn't be able to do anything different now." Y/N said as McGonagall nodded.

"Clever, keeps suspicion off you."

"Why'd you help me? You could have waited for me to wake up and then kicked me out. Why didn't you?" Y/N asked as McGonagall looked at him.

"You needed help, you were injured. I don't turn down good people who need help." McGonagall thought for a moment.

"Good people?"

"Yeah. You help people, some out there believe you're a threat that needs to be taken in and go through the system if you want to continue this, but not me. This way, your family is safer, and there's always someone watching over the city if all else fails." McGonagall said.

"One way of looking at it." Y/N said as McGonagall looked at his face. Before she could speak, the door opened and students shuffled in, with Y/N going back to working.

As the day went by, Y/N caught the odd glance from McGonagall and the suspicious looks from Rushman. He went through the day, laughing and joking with his friends, avoiding Stauntons glares and attempts to get a rise out of him, Flashes comments aimed at him. He felt somewhat relieved that McGonagall knew, at least she could help him with excuses or something, and at least he didn't have to hide it from her anymore.

As he walked into History, he noticed Rushman looked oddly cold towards him, he was trying to ignore it but when he felt her glare burrowing into his soul, he had to mention it.

"I'm sorry." Y/N said, not knowing what he was apologizing for as Rushman looked up from her work.

"What?"

"You're angry at me for something, I don't know what, but whatever it is, I'm sorry, tell me what it is and I'll try and fix it." Y/N said as Rushmans face softened, realizing what she had been doing.

"Professor McGonagall, what do you think of her?" Rushman asked as Y/N thought about it for a moment.

"This is a trick isn't it?" Y/N asked as Rushman shook her head.

"No, genuine question, I need to know." Rushman said as Y/N thought.

"She's great, smart, kind...nice looking." Y/N said, the last part being muttered awkwardly as Rushman smirked.

"You got a little crush on her huh?" Rushman said as Y/N shrugged.

"Um, no." Y/N said, almost like a kid who'd been caught with his hand in the cookie jar.

"You wanna try that but this time a bit more convincing?"

"All right, I may have a crush on her, but, I'm sure it's one-sided." Y/N said as Rushman nodded.

"Yeah, probably. Still, one can dream, huh?" Rushman said as Y/N noticed a hint of sadness. 

"You too huh?" Y/N said as Rushman looked up in shock. "I've had enough problems with girls to know that face, I've seen it in the mirror a few times. Tell her."

"She's got a boyfriend." Rushman  said as Y/N scoffed.

"People with boyfriends and dates to attend don't just volunteer to stay behind with some stupid kid and a co-worker." Y/N said as Rushman smiled. "Tell her, because I doubt I'm gonna get a chance to tell her, so you might as well while she's single. You two seem like you'd make a good couple."

"Huh. Can't believe I'm taking girl advice from a student."

"I can't believe me of all people is giving girl advice, I'm hardly Tony Stark." Y/N said as Rushman smirked.

"I used to work for him, secretary. He can be a dumbass sometimes." Rushman said as Y/N smiled.

"Can't we all." Y/N said as Rushman let out a kind smile at him.

"Yeah. Hey, you fancy staying for tuition with McGonagall and myself. you don't have to if-"

"Uh, sure. Wait, is that why you were mad at me? Cause you have a crush on Professor McGonagall?"

"Mad, um, no, no idea what you're talking about." Rushman said as Y/N smirked.

"Relax, I'm not her type. Clearly." Y/N said as a siren blurred past him and he turned to look at it, it was an ambulance.

"You all right there Y/N?" Rushman asked as Y/N nodded.

"Um...yeah. Loud noises is all." Y/N half lied. Rushman didn't seem convinced but she dropped it.

The rest of the day went smoothly, with Y/N and his friends all managing to enjoy their day.

Y/N had to call off the tuition session and McGonagall covered for him as he ran out of her class, sprinting to a nearby alley way and getting changed into his battleworn suit...