The Arrival

"Do you really think they'll accept our help with no strings attached? There have been fake Miraculous holders in the past. They have likely learned to be wary of people like us by now," a feminine voice rang through the still night. The girl's companion shrugged.

"Only time will tell, Eris. We know not what the future holds for us."

"True, True. I hope that London will be ok while we are gone. Let us go, Chronos. There isn't much time left. We need to prepare."

***

"Beep! BEep! BEEP!" The incessant beeping of Marinette's alarm clock woke her from her slumber. The girl glanced around her room and noticed the sunlight streaming through her window.

"Crepes!" she yelled, springing out of her bed. "Tikki, why didn't you wake me up? I'm going to be late for school!"

The kwami groaned. "I was trying to, Marinette! Unfortunately for me, you sleep like the dead!" The holder of the Ladybug Miraculous sighed in acknowledgment of Tikki's statement as she dressed for the school day ahead of her.

Grabbing her backpack, she rushed out of her house with a hurried goodbye to her parents. The bluenette ran down the street in a futile effort to get to her first class on time. As she ran up the stairs of the school building, she heard the first bell ring.

"Flippity, flappity, flying frappes! I really thought I had made it this time," she groaned. The girl slowed to a walk as she entered the building. Marinette trudged up the stairs to her classroom. Mademoiselle Bustier turned to greet her.

"Glad that you could make it, Marinette. Today is a very important day after all. Our British exchange students are coming today!" At the teacher's words, Lila loudly cleared her throat and then proudly announced,

"You know, I'm related to the Queen of England..." the liar simpered. "She's my second cousin thrice removed!" As the class oohed and ahhed, Marinette took her seat.

"Good morning, Mari," Chloe chirped. The girl in question glanced at her, raising an eyebrow.

"Good? Hardly. We're getting more people to follow Liar around. That is in no way good. Did I miss any of little miss perfect's lies?"

Chloe huffed. "Someone woke up on the bitter side of the bed. To answer your question, no you did not miss any lies. Someone decided to sleep in today and blamed it on a charity she's supposedly working on. She got here right before you did."

Mari chuckled. "I'm glad you didn't have to put up with too much nonsense alone. On another note, have you gotten any closer to finding the Black Cat?"

"I have a bit more information to go off of now. Slowly, but surely, we're getting closer to finding him."

"I expect that the Cat is somehow connected to all of this. Keep up your work." Mari commanded her friend.

Chloe nodded to her. "I think we should try this one! It looks promising!" A distinctly feminine voice chirped from outside of the classroom.

"Rebekah Leah McMillan, I swear to you, if this is not the right classroom, I will kill you, take your corpse deep in the woods, dig a ten-foot hole, bury you under two feet of dirt, bury your cat on top of you, then your dog, and then a rabbit. Do not test me." Another feminine voice snarled.

The first voice, now known as Rebekah, giggled nervously. "I wouldn't dream of it, Your Grace." The classroom door swung open. "Is this Mlle. Bustier's class?" Rebekah inquired.

The incompetent teacher smiled serenely at the girl. "Indeed it is. Who might you be?"

The girl grinned impishly as she entered the room. "I'm Rebekah McMillan. Reba for short. Lizzie, get in here! I finally found the right one!"

A stately young woman entered the classroom. "Rebekah, if you ever call me Lizzie again, I will personally rip your lungs from your chest," she said coldly.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever," Reba said, waving it off. "Introduce yourself to these lovely people!"

The other faced the class. "I am Grand Duchess Elizabeth Lancaster of England. It is a...pleasure to be here." After her introduction, Elizabeth moved to the back of the classroom and took a seat behind Chloe.

Reba flounced over to join her. "That went well!" She chirped.

"Right."

"It did!"

"Keep telling yourself that."

"You're killing my mojo!"

Elizabeth gave a small smile. "And?"

Reba pouted. "You meanie."

Chloe turned to face the dynamic duo of exchange students. "I'm Chloe Bourgeois, the mayor's daughter, and this is Marinette Dupain-Cheng, she's the daughter of the two best bakers in Paris."

"You are already aware of who we are," Elizabeth said. She glanced toward the front of the class. "Who is the ugly brunette with those awful pigtails?"

Chloe scowled. "Lila Rossi. Pathological liar."

Elizabeth smirked. "Sounds fun."

Reba's face quickly paled. "No, Eliza, no provoking her into provoking you. Not our problem to deal with."

"But Reba, it'll be fun!"

"No."

"I'm gonna do it anyway."

"I know," Reba sighed. "Don't do anything I wouldn't do?"

Now nicknamed Eliza, Elizabeth rolled her eyes. "You wouldn't do anything."

"Exactly!"

"Reba..."

"What?"

Marinette looked between the two of them. "Are you two always like this?" she inquired.

"We are," they replied in sync.

"That sounds like it will be fun," Chloe said uncertainly.

"It will be!"

"Right."