C H A P T E R : F O U R

Start from the beginning

It also wouldn't be a lie to say that after her vow, Aleyah had began to put more effort into her appearance before work in hopes she'd meet him again and he'd ask her out once more. But by her last shift on Friday, she was left feeling like an idiot. Additionally, Lucas had made numerous comments on the change in her appearance, which embarrassed her further.

And to Aleyah's luck, on the following Saturday night, when she had given up on her poor attempts to appear more attractive, Jude appeared in the restaurant. He was dressed in black pants and a matching black dress shirt with a bit of accessories like a watch on his wrist and a couple of rings.

She had been by the bar as he bypassed her. The two held short eye contact, and he gave her a small smile and nod of acknowledgment before he moved past her completely.

Aleyah could've sworn her heart flipped at his simple gestures. She felt like a giddy schoolgirl harboring a crush on one of the popular boys. A feeling she hadn't experienced in what seemed like a lifetime ago. It felt insanely refreshing to simply worry about how long Jude looked in her direction over how long she had until the rent was due. Even if it was just for a little while.

Jude had settled into a two-seater table by a large, illuminated fish tank. Aleyah noted how well the blue light reflected on his sculpted face as she approached him with a menu in hand.

"Hello, welcome to The Royal Cresmont," she handed him the expensive cloth-covered paper. "Shall I get you any refreshments as you browse through our options?" The girl recited.

"No, I'm alright, thanks." Jude barely looked at her.

Aleyah then nodded in response and let her body turn halfway before stopping herself. Under no normal circumstances would she have brought up the date. But those weren't normal circumstances. They were her chance at possibly gaining happiness. She turned back to face him fully, "Hey, so about that other night -"

"My driver will be back in two hours, I hope that's enough time." A third voice came up from behind the girl. "Sorry, did I miss something? What's going on?" The tanned female's gaze shifted back and forth from the waitress to the male's stiff stance as she took a seat in the empty chair at the table.

Aleyah was quick to change her deamnor, "Nothing, ma'am. I was just asking him if he'd like a refreshment before the meal. Sir?"

"Uh, yes, some water would be lovely." Jude said uncomfortably.

The girl, Maddison, squinted her eyes a bit before adding on, "Make those two waters. Iced."

Aleyah nodded with a tight smile, "I'll be back shortly." She then scurried off. Once she was certainly out of their sight, the girl's face fell as she tilted her head up. She couldn't stop the heavy weight of disappointment from slumping onto her shoulders. She let out a deep breath before resuming her journey to the kitchen.

Aleyah would just have to move the ice cream up on her luxuries list.

A / N

Here's the update! I apologize for the extremely late update, I was on vacation for the holidays, and I took some days off to rest. Thank you all so much for voting for this story! Also, this chapter isn't edited, so there may be a couple of mistakes.

But anyways,

ENJOY!
══════════════════════════════════════════