It's the friendly ram again!

Kao didn't sleep at all, he has been gaming until the morning, hoping he'd get distracted enough to ease his worry, his guilt of leaving Jenny there, but the feelings never vanished, even when he tried to finally sleep.

All day, he tried to act normal, like nothing is wrong, like there's nothing he's worried about.

The family he shares the house with, Alfred, his wife Yuki and his daughter Shai did notice him being spaced out a lot more than usual.

They, to Kao's dismay, noticed his worried face at times as he'd stare off into nothing.

After everyone had dinner, Shai comes up to Kao with an idea.

Shai is, just like her mother, a cow.
She has beige fur and has straight, long brown hair that nearly touches the ground.

She's wearing a baggy grey hoody along with baggy jeans.

She suggests:

"Hey. So, I'm gonna go to that fair that's now open, down in Sunshine Fields center, y'wanna come with, shortie? Jessy, Peter and Yello are there too, maybe more if that's alright with you."

Shai asks Kao.

"Oh, sure? Sounds fun!"

He happily accepts the invitation. Maybe this could cheer him up?

She doesn't invite Kao too often to things, just occasionally.

"BTW, I'll make sure Peter won't shout at you about dad, today should be drama-free, so, that's one worry less."

"Ah, I'm used to his moments from encounterin' him, haha! I'm sure he can be fun to be around with, too!"

He thinks of Peters shouting match from the night prior and sighs.

"Thank you, Shai..."

Alfred thanks his daughter for not letting this Peter insult him when Kao is there.

"Not talking to you."

The cow snarls at her father.

Her relationship with her father became strained ever since Shia had died...

Alfred shrugs it off as his daughter being in a 'rebel phase'... But it does irk him, making him doubt if he's a good father... He tries his best to bond with Shai, but she keeps pushing him away.

"Uhh, well, this is definitely better than Sunshine Land, Kao."

Alfred reminds him.

"Y-Yeah, rite..."

-

Later that evening, Kao and Shai are headed towards the fair in the center of Sunshine Fields.

It's not the biggest town, it's actually more of villa neighbourhood with a few stores in a single main street.

The happy music, the smell of popcorn and cotton candy and the screams of joy fill the air as the two come closer.

"Woah, woah, sorry princess, but you're too young to go on this ride!"

A guy, operating a looping coaster ride stops this cream furred dwarf rabbit from entering.

She grunts at the guy.

"I'm 12, this doesn't scare me!"

The rabbit shouts at the ride operator.

"Calm down there, missy. Go back to the 'Bubbly Bumper cars', these are far safer and fun for you!"

"I'm 12 and I can do what I want! Friiick youuu!"

"Hey, language! And, there's humthro's behind you waiting, kiddo, move along now!"