Chapter 39 (m+)

A few weeks passed after my birthday celebrations, and everyone was preparing for my coronation

A few weeks passed after my birthday celebrations, and everyone was preparing for my coronation. I was in a good mood the whole day, but some rumours made me feel nostalgic and moody. So while in my bath, I splash around the water in frustration.

I hear footsteps after a while, and Bright walks inside.

"So? What did you find out?" I ask.

"It turns out the rumours aren't just rumours. Viscountess has given birth to a child downtown, and the father is a peasant. Other details are unknown to us." he reports to me.

"Oh my goodness." I cry out. "What did her parents say?"

"They were unaware of the pregnancy."

"That means... she left the kingdom a few months back when she got pregnant. She gave birth to her child secretly. Then came back and..." I ponder.

"Yeah... Her highness assumes she kept it a secret because the father is a peasant."

I stand up on my bathtub, "Bright, we must find out where her baby is! That's the least we can do for her right now- Eak! I am naked!"

I quickly lower myself to the water amid Bright's laughter.

"You were cute like that," he responds.

"Tsk. It's embarrassing." I surround myself with bubbles and hide my body. Bright looks at me amusingly before keeping his sword aside.

"Do you mind a head rub?" he asks.

"Oah. Not at all."

I lean against the tub while watching him walk around. He sits on the top step behind me and takes the scents and shampoos. He pours a generous amount and scatters them in my hair. Then skillfully, he starts rubbing my head.

"Ahh. I wonder how your cookie doughs feel like when you knead them." I groan in satisfaction.

"Probably how your highness feels like." he chuckles.

"Mhh. Yeah." I wonder. "Do you have anything left to do after this?"

"Not really. Other than reporting to training, there's nothing else."

"Hmm." I tilt my head and look at him playfully. His eyes widen when he realises what I mean by my mischievous grin. But before he can do anything, I grab his collar and pull him into the tub with me. There's a splash followed by the whole mess.

"Hey, what are you thinking?!" Bright tries to get out, but I hold him and pull him down to the water. For a moment, I wonder if he's mad at me, but when our eyes meet, I see that he's not.

"Now what?" he groans.

"Remove your clothes and join me. Easy." I say.

Bright rolls his eyes at me, and it doesn't annoy me. Rather, it amuses me to see him acting normal in front of me like that. I am starting to like his true nature more and more each day. Rather than the peasant who nodded at everything I said, this one is better.