Chapter 28

Right now, in the Drawing room, sitting in front of me is the Queen of my kingdom with no one else but she, him and I ─ the Queen, my Prince and I

My Prince? Yes, of course. My Prince. Who else's...

I watch as the Queen pours tea, nervousness gobbling me whole, and Prince next to me doesn't look good either. I bet he already knows that this conversation will mean no good. The Queen hands over a tea to Prince, and I wait till she makes one for herself, obviously not making me one as I am just a-

Okay, she hands me one too, which I gracefully take with shaky hands, trying my best not to spill the golden colour liquid.

"It's nice to see you holding a sword once again, Win. How long has it been since you stopped your practices?" she asks the Prince. I feel relieved that she sounds all calm and serene... not serious-like.

"It's been a while... I think since Plowden- Prince Plowden came into the picture." Prince wears a cute frown and shakes his head as if trying to remove some thoughts from his head.

"Mmh... it's nice you started again." the Queen gently blows on her tea and takes a sip. I am too engrossed in what is happening that I forget that I have tea to taste. "And your tax violation announcement... It's a secret, but- your father LOVES it. He won't compliment you. You know how he is. But he is super impressed by how you are working. Last night he blabbered how he never thought you have a responsible side like this." she compliments the Prince, and I feel proud myself.

HAHAHA. Who won't be proud to have a lover like him?

"Well... that's flattering. Really." Prince chuckles, redness overtaking the pale whiteness of his cheeks. He suddenly looks shy to be praised in front of me.

Then (un)fortunately, the Queen's attention shifts to me. She eyes me from top to bottom, her eyes stopping by my armour. And I feel my hands nearly shaking, but I slap some shit to my mind so I won't spill my tea and make a mess.

"Mother... stop staring.." I hear Prince say in a low voice. Shy and all nervous.

"How can I not? When the person who forcefully claimed you is right in front of me.." she says, highlighting the word 'forcefully'. I feel sick in my stomach hearing that. Yes, I knew this day would come, but... I guess I wasn't ready to face this yet, again.

"Stop it." Prince keeps his teacup aside. "If you only want to... shame him again about the incident, we will leave." he determinedly yet, anxiously says.

"Then tell me why I can't do that before you leave," Queen says, her eyes showing no hesitance, and I look down in guilt. I find myself being mute in the conversation.

"Haven't we gone past that?" Prince asks.

"If you give a solution to clear this mess... we can forget about the past." Prince's father, the King of the kingdom, says by the doorway. Prince and I shoot up from our seats, and the Queen, too, stands up.