°' Chapter 10 '°

Start from the beginning

Price gives a hearty chuckle as pretty much all eyes went to you, the only person out of the taskforce who saw you all dressed up like you are currently, before this atleast, was Johnny, so right now, you were the centre of attention. They all knew how pretty you were, even with all the tactical gear and dirt, they knew what to expect, but seeing you walk out of the cabins bathroom, all of it was on display. Soap mumbled something under his breath, finishing with his complaining about his 'touch-ups' and turned around. His eyes fall and look over your hair, to your accessories and to the dress you were wearing until they find yours. "Not bad bonnie," his laughter filled your ears as you swatted at his chest with a bashful look on your face. The corner of his lips quirk into a small smile, one that wasn't teasing you like it usually does."-You look great."

You lift your brows in slight suprise and smirk."Not too bad yourself," Eyes scanning over his clothing, before your eyes examined the room. Price gave a subtle thumbs up, and by the way he's looking at you his blue gaze had gone even softer than before. Gaz and Ghosts conversation had died down, both staring your way. Ghosts dark eyes, obsidian orbs, regarding you with something more passive, giving you a small nod of approval at your effort. Kyle, with his kind, lenient face, doting eyes that are focused directly on you. His eyes definitely lit up, seeing you look so beautiful, so elegant. Your eyes meet and he doesn't look away, and neither do you. Another second passes before you quirk a brow, he gives you a quiet, amused huff, his eyes bounced around the room before settling just past you, he is the first one to speak."..I.. bloody fucking christ.." he husks, taking a moment as his eyes rake back over your figure. "-you're so beautiful.." He stutters out, looking back at your face. He would never say it outside this context, he'd get too flustered and overthink, that maybe it was too random, or it was a bit strange but seeing as everyone else had expressed something towards you, he thought why cant he? It's the perfect moment to put it out there; "Y/N you look gorgeous." You already feel the wide smile rounding your cheeks and your face flushes a pretty pink. Shifting your weight from one platform heel to the other you hear a hum of agreement beside you.

"Well, lady of the hour, I think we have a party to go to."

The mansion where the ball was being held was huge, decorated beautifully with expensive decor and sculptures

The mansion where the ball was being held was huge, decorated beautifully with expensive decor and sculptures. A line of cars were parked infront while a few guards patrolled the exterior. You were a little early, parking a few blocks away where You, Johnny and Kyle will be getting out, you'd have to walk over there to avoid suspicion on why you just got out of a military vehicle. Price handed you three masks, all different apart from an identical feather. After explaining everything to the group, Price sent Ghost up on a nearby rooftop before ushering the three of you out and giving a 'good luck'. It was fairly easy to get in, once a big group of people were heading to the entrance you just tailed after them, hiding in the crowd.

The light shining down from the chandelier
licked your shoulders. You danced your way around, the night stretched thin as you continued to dance around the target. You avoided his gaze, smiling playfully at him. He's been watching you, grinding his teeth as he continued to agree with contracts and promises that he'll be sure to break one it came to his side of the deal. The fabric of his mask hid the entertained grin spread across his face, dark eyes following your figure that shamelessly drifted around him, well used to the predatory stares. You began to get tired and settled at the bar. Surprisingly a lot of people were wearing no mask, knowingly proud to be seen making deals with such people. Others were ashamed, hiding behind it, to protect who they are, thinking it makes doing this any better.