RACE!

3RD POV

The crowd went wild as everyone was at the starting line. Miya looked up to see Langa and Reki cheering while Joe's showed him a thumbs up. Meanwhile Cherry looked worried for some reason.

Joe noticed Cherry looked at the paper, shifting his gaze to look at Miya.

"Whats wrong?" Joe asked.

"...see that kid with a masked helmet on? He looked super fimiliar...I seen that gear before." Cherry pointed. Joe followed Cherry's finger and sighed.

"Its probably the brand. Don't worry about him okay?...lets just support our son." Joe smiled as he teased Cherry. Cherry blushed as he felt Joe's hand on his. The warmth of his hand brought Cherry at ease as he put the paper down as sighed.

"Fine...don't call him ours, we didn't make him!" Cherry blushed as he sunk into his chair.

"Well, let's just pretend we are...and how we made him-Ack?!" Joe winced at the slap Cherry just gave him. Reki laughed while Langa made sure Joe was okay.

"ALRIGHT! READY TO GO THROUGH THE RACE? FIRST, LET ME INTRODUCE YOU TO WHAT YOURE UP AGAINST. FROM THE STARTING LINE IT LOOKS VERY SIMPLE. HOWEVER...DONT LET THE TRACK FOOL YOU!" The announcer then signal the tech workers to show them what was next.

Miya flinched as he saw the track gates open to see a big dome and the track going straight down it. The crowed cheered loud as they saw all of the obstacles.

"ALRIGHT! SKATERS READY? TAKE YOUR MARKS..GET SET!....," The announcer then held up the started gun as shot it.

*BAM*

"GO!"

All the skaters then took off as full speed, making their way to the dome. Miya looked ahead to see the kids that picked on him laughing. Miya clicked his tongue as he skated faster and faster to catch up to them.

"Where's Meowya?" One of the kids asked as she looked behind them. All of the kids shifted around trying to look for the boy. Suddenly, they all looked in front of them to see Miya hot on competator 434, almost in first place.

Competator 434 looked to his right to see Miya right next to him, passing him to take first place. Miya's eyes met with the helmet guy. Miya then got low as he went faster.

"MIYA JUST TOOK FIRST PLACE FROM T!? HES THE FIRST ONE INSIDE THE DOME!" The announcer shouted.

Miya smirked as he felt his love for skateboarding take over his body. He started going straight down, dodging and jumping over obstacles.

The kids in the back saw this and clicked their tongue. Suddenly, competator 434 stayed back yo their level and opened the bottom part of their mask to speak with them. The kids smirked and looked at Miya.

"FIRST PART OF THE OBSTACLES! YOU MUST JUMP AND DODGE THE FLYING OBJECTS! DONT WORRY! THEY ARE ALL SOFT, THEY JUST GIVE A BIT OF A DISTRACTION." The announcer introduced the first major point obstacle. Miya was confident enough to make it through, while also performing a trick to get him farther in points.

Miya then noticed the others caught up to him. Their smirks made Miya cautious about his surrounding more. Suddenly he noticed the kids grabbing onto the flying objects, and started to throw them at him. Miya blocked and threw them back.

Meanwhile, Cherry glared at what was happening. He then looked to see competator 434 speeding towards Miya, but not going any farther. Cherry then noticed the stance the competator was doing. Cherry leaned out of his chair and bit his tongue.

"WATCH OUT MIYA!"

Miya then noticed something off. The boy saw all of the competators expand all around him. He then turned behind him to see competator 434 with a wooden plank that he got from an arrow sign of the track. He then smacked Miya off his skateboard. Miya quickly grabbed competator 434 by the shirt and took him down with him. Miya and the competator both started to fall straight down to the bottom of the track. Miya fell right on top of the boy who was breathing heavily. Miya took this chance to see who this guys really was.

"Alright games over! Who the hell are you!?" Miya then ripped the bottom part of the helmet off to reveal a smirk. Miya jumped as he got off of the person. The competator sat up and took his helmet off. Miya froze in place as the boy fixed his hair.

"Hello Miya...Its been awhile." The boy smirked evilly.

"...Takashi..." Miya frowned as he saw his ex-bestfriend with much longer hair.

"I see you've grown your hair out.." Miya glared at the boy.

"I didn't want you recognizing me...or else it wouldve just ruined the suprise. I even got the announcer to say T instead of my name." The boy smiled. Miya twitched as he realized all of the skaters were passing them, while Takashi was on the ground and Miya stood over him.

"Well Miya? Let's have a race between us two...just us. After all...this is the whole reason why I'm here...is to be with you." Takashi smirked as he got up. Miya clenched his fists as he ran over to his board. Takashi grabbed his board and walked over to Miya. The two looked at each other before tightening up their gear.

"You know you can't beat me Miya...because ever since our fight at nationals...I've been practicing for this moment. So that I not just win...but eat you alive, along with the thing you love most...that damn skateboard." Takashi smirked as he put his helmet and mask back on. Miya frowned as he got back on his board and took a deep breath. He then turned to Takashi and smiled.

"Youre not the only one who practiced all these years...I've got some tricks up my sleeves too. I'll not only defeat you...but I'll defeat everyone here and make them all swallow their words back...including that statement you just said." Miya smirked as he got into starting position. Takashi also got into starting position, he looked at Miya and smiled.

"How I missed you."

"3...2...1!"

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Thanks for reading!

See you on the flip side!