s. rogers + first time trying new foods

"like this?"

steve makes a fold from the side of the wrapper towards the middle.

you frown. "stevie, like this." for the fourth time, you cup your hands over his, guiding him to lift it up from the bottom, partially covering the filling.

he presses a gentle kiss to your upper arm, watching your process intently. you readjust your position—snugly perched in his lap—with a sigh. "how many times do i have to show you?"

in a quick flourish, you finish the folding and set the food to the side. then, you lay the next wrapper flat against the table.

steve just shrugs, his smile growing against your skin. "i dunno."

mouth agape, you turn to him. "are you playing stupid?"

he hides his grin behind your shoulder. "you do it so much better than me, and i like when you get all bossy."

your eyes narrow in his direction. "i'm not bossy, i'm just right."

steve laughs now, reaching over to the giant bowl of filling to scoop some onto the wrapper, folding it correctly within seconds. you roll your eyes. it's not perfect, but it's good enough.

"of course," you mutter. with a huff, you lean towards the other dining chair at the table, fully intending to sit there and start working without steve to distract you.

his thick arms band around your hips the instant your weight lifts off his thighs. he whines, at the same time you squeal at his dirty hands getting all over your apron. "wait, don't go."

"steven, this is gonna take twice as long if you keep this up."

his grip only tightens. "spending twice as much time with my girl?" he manages to squeeze a little giggle out of you. "sounds good to me."