chapter 18 - Alison

Chapter 18

Troy has been quiet for a while now, even our plane ride from L.A. to New York and the ride to our hotel were spent in silence.

I was sitting on the king size bed in our hotel room, waiting for Troy to get out from the bathroom. Should I tell him or not? I should, he has the right to know about the truth. He starts to remember things.

The bathroom door suddenly open, showing Troy all dress up in a V-neck shirt and a jeans, and who still have a wet hair.

"You ready?" He asked while sitting down beside me.

Tonight was my new club's opening night. I take a deep breath and look at him, here it goes....

"Yeah!" I said enthusiastically.

And I failed on telling him the truth. I just let the chance pass me by.

We're now at my club, sitting on one of the table around, enjoying the night like others. Troy's already half way through his second bottle of beer while I'm still having trouble on drinking mine through half way of the bottle.

I stare at Troy as he drink his beer, his been taking a lot for the pass hour we're here. He probably forget his dreams for now.

He started talking again while I'll just listen to him talking about some random stuff. I should tell him the truth tonight, so if he didn't take it good he'll just forget about it tomorrow.

Suddenly I heard a voice calling out Alex somewhere around the club, remembering what Troy told about me, that in his dream everyone called him Alex.

Then a big guy comes crashing in our table, nearly bringing it down.

"Alex!" He yelled.

"Umm-" I try to talk to him but his attention were only at Troy.

"Hey bro!" he put his hand on Troy's arm.

"Who are you?" Asked Troy, removing his hand away from his shoulder.

"I'm Neil your brother. Geez Alex you already forget about me." He pretends to be hurt.

"Sorry. I don't really know you." Troy told him, looking away.

I cleared my throat and the Neil guy look at me.

"Oh! Hey there." He said seductively. " Are you one of Alex's models." He added sitting on the table.

"Umm...No." I quickly replied. I'm kind of flattered that someone thought that I was a model. "Do you know him?"

He chuckle lightly and said. "Yes! He's my little bro." he said while putting his arm around Troy, but Troy remove it quickly.

"Can we talk...somewhere?" I push my chair back, standing up.

"Sure." He then jump on his feet and followed me.

I lead him to the fire exit door were there's weren't much noises to be heard. I lean my back on the wall while this Neil guy does the same on the other side.

"So, who are you." I asked, crossing my arms across my chest.

"I told you, I'm Alex brother, Neil." He said, smiling.

"Can you tell me more about Tr-Alex." I curiously asked.

"Well he is a Photographer and..." He trailed off.

Then I just decided to tell him all about it first. "Well." I take a deep breathe. "There's something you should know..."

I told him about Troy, about the accident, about his amnesia, all of it. As he patiently listening to my story, he asked a few questions through it and I answered them.

"That explains everything, him not calling for nearly 4 months or something." He said astonish.

Silence passes us by, not looking at each other until he breaks it.

"The whole family were supposed to go to France but Alex got a call from work and that's why he was left behind. We try to contact him at least once in a week but he never answer it and his phone were always out of reach. So we just assumed his busy on his work. We just got back a month ago, and then just two weeks ago the whole family starts to get worried why he hasn't come back or even called yet."

"You should pick him up tomorrow." I have to do it even thought I don't want to, it's the right thing to do.

"You should come, I'm sure they love to meet you and we owe you big time for taking care of my brother."

"Yeah...I guess."

"So...see you tomorrow." He wave goodbye at me, leaving me alone at the front of the fire exit door.

Now I really do need to tell Troy the truth. I walk back to our table and found Troy sitting there, just starting chugging a new bottle of beer.

"Hey Troy, do you want to go now?"

"Yeah." He said, standing up.

The ride back at the hotel were silence, neither of us didn't even say a word.

As I slide the card key on the door lock, I open it and went inside quickly, leaving Troy behind to close the door.

I sit on the couch, covering my face with both of my hands. How am I going to tell Troy the truth...when I think I'm falling for him. He definitely needs to know the truth because his going back to his real family and his old life tomorrow, whether I want it or not.

"Troy!" I called him.

"Yeah?"

"Can you come here for a sec, there's something I wanted to tell you." I said, my hand still covering my face.

There was a silence for a few minutes. I remove my hand away from my face and look directly at Troy who's now sitting across from me.

"You're not having weird dreams." He look at me confused.

"You're remembering things..." I trailed of. "We don't know each other..." I tried to control the sob that slowly starting to build up in the middle of my throat by knowing the whole truth all along.

"What are you taking about?" he asked, now really confuse about what I'm saying.

"You were in a car crash accident and you lost your memory...because of me. The officers asked me to take care of you for the mean time while they look for your family...real family."

"I've been hiding it from you, the while time we're living in the same house." I continued.

I look up at him, he have this antagonize expression on his face; paralyse on his seat while I continue.

"I know and I'm sorry, I should have told you about it earlier." I close my eyes to hide my watery eyes, knowing what's coming next.

"But every second that we share, telling you the truth never crossed my mind." I pause so that I wouldn't break down in front of him.

"Every second that we share...you help me put my broken-pieces heart together..."

"But I'm scared, if you go back to your old...and that you'll forget about me and..."

"And that...there's a possibility that you left your Juliet behind..." the hot tears slowly slide down from my watery eyes and into my cheeks.

"Because...I think I'm in love with you...that...I love you!"

"...And I need to let you go now." I said sadly. "Your brother is going to pick you up tomorrow." I look down.

"But what about last night...the kiss?! Is it just randomly happened?" I heard his beautiful but confuse voice suddenly asked.

"No." I answered softly.

Then I suddenly felt both of his hands on my cheeks, his thumb brushing the tears away. Pulling my face up so that I can look at him and his mesmerizing blue eyes but sadness were visible in them.

"No, I'll always going to remember you. You were permanently marked by my head...and by my heart." He said the last one lowly that I can barely hear. "I'll always be right by your side." He added.

He then crush his lips to mine, kissing me passionately as I kiss him back more.

thanks.......