chapter 17 - Troy

Chapter 17

It was 5 in the morning, Alison was sleeping soundlessly beside me while I am widely awake, hugging her from behind. Her head rested just under my chin, she then suddenly move and close every space between her back and my chest.

The cold air lightly blows in the room from the open window, making the curtains move back and forth. My eyes emulate the moving curtains for a few seconds before closing it.

I lightly tap my wine glass with my knife, getting all my family and relative’s attention. All eyes were glued on me while I’m getting up to my feet.

“I’d just like to make a toast for my dad, John and my mom, Anne.” I smile at them.

“Mom, Dad. I just wanted to say I love you and thanks for everything. Happy 26th anniversary.” I declared, rising up my glass and everyone did the same; then taking a sip after.

I sat back on my chair, looking at my parents who are looking lovingly at each other and then their gazes were now on me.  

“We love you too, Alex.” My mom said from across the table.

Then they all suddenly, gone? I heard a voice calling out Alex, repeatedly. A light then come up above me, I found myself surrounded by mirrors, and my reflection were all around me. The voice calling out becomes louder and louder; then suddenly Alison’s reflection came up in the mirrors running towards me and giving me a tight hug.

“Alex?” I heard Alison says it, why everyone is calling me that? And it keeps echoing in my ears….

“…Troy?” And then I heard my name.

I tightly squeeze my eyes and open it; I met a pair of green eyes staring down at mine.

“Hey…..! You okay? You’ve been making some weird faces while you’re asleep.”

“Yeah…? I’m okay. I just had a weird dream. Everybody is calling me Alex…”

She looks away with a worried expression while I sit straight up on her bed, resting my head on the head board.

“Well the weird dreams explain about the weird faces.” She smiles at me.

“Someone even called me Alex while you’re away.” I mention to her.

“That’s odd.” She chuckle nervously.

“Yeah it is.” I agree

“So, um…you want to tell me about your dream?”

I told her about my dream, where I was in this wedding anniversary and when I called them my ‘mom and dad’; and they called me Alex.

 She lean forward and give me a soft kiss on my lips. “Don’t worry about it, okay.”

I just nodded on what she says because I was still preoccupied by my dream. I feel like I need to see more, to know more than that, I feel like something is gone missing that I need to find.

As the time pass by, I become more distracted than before, the dream never left my head, it’s like… it’s glued there or something.

Alison didn’t interfere in my contemplation and decided to just leave me alone because I was too preoccupied to even cuddle with her.

It was just a little after 3 in the afternoon; I was at the back porch, sitting on the swing and still in a deep terrain of my thoughts.

I swiftly punched the house’s telephone number in the phone booth at Beverly Hills and trap the phone between my shoulder and my ear.