kissing in the rain (requested)

"This is the best day I've had in a long time." You said to Jenna as you walked down the street together. "Things have been so stressful lately. I needed this day with you."

"Same here, my girl. It's been a great day, especially since I've had you by my side every second of it." She said as she brought your hand to her lips and your heart fluttered at the feeling.

It's been the best day today.

You've spent every minute by Jenna's side.

You started the day off by cuddling in bed with Netflix on before agreeing to finally drag yourselves out of bed to go and get some lunch.

And from there, you went for a walk in the park and some ice cream and now, you're on your way home.

"What should we do when we get home?" She asked.

You looked at each for a second before speaking the answer in unison,

"Cuddle."

She giggled and dropped your hand so she could wrap her arm around you and pull you closer.

However, the sound of thunder off in the distance made you both jump.

You stopped and looked around at the grey sky.

It's been that way all day but there was no chance of rain on the radar today.

But that was incorrect since you could hear the thunder.

That and when you looked up, you got hit by a raindrop on your cheek.

"It's starting to rain."

"We're just a couple of blocks away from home. We should make it there before it gets bad." Jenna said.

She was wrong about that though.

You only took a few steps before the rain began pouring down.

Jenna squealed as soon as it began to soak her clothes and you tugged at her hand, wanting to hurry home.

But Jenna wasn't in such a rush.

There was something she'd been wanting to do with you and now was the perfect opportunity for it.

"Come on, let's hurry!" You said as you hurried down the block.

The house came into your sight and you breathed a sigh of relief but as you went to go down the rest of the sidewalk and up the steps to the house, Jenna spoke up and stopped you.

"Wait, darling,"

You stopped and turned to face her and saw a smile pull at her lips.

"What?"

"There's something I want to do before we go inside." She said as she stopped your hand to place hers on your hips.

"What is it, baby?"

She stepped closer to you and moved one hand to gently lay it on your cheek.

Using her fingers to brush the hair away that clung to your wet skin, she then brushed her thumb across your cheek in circles.

"What's going on?" You asked curiously.

And you got your answer as she leaned in and pecked your lips softly.

"Oh, you want to kiss in the rain?"

She nodded.

"Very romantic." You smiled as you put your arms around her neck. "But that better not be all I get. Give me a real kiss, baby."

She smiled brightly at you and then leaned in again to put her lips on yours for a long and loving kiss.

Despite the rain pouring down and your clothes being soaking wet, the moment was the most romantic one you'd ever experienced.

"That's better." You said against her lips.

"I agree." She said as she pulled you closer.

It felt so romantic.

You'd seen it before in romance films and dreamt of experiencing a kiss in the rain someday but this one with Jenna was better than you could've ever imagined.

It was absolutely perfect, just like her.

She pulled away and put her forehead on yours, gazing into your eyes with her starry ones.

Suddenly though, you started to shiver as the wind blew, making her frown.

"You okay?"

"Yeah, just a little chilly."

"I'd give you my hoodie but I don't think it'll help you right now."

You giggled before kissing her again.

"Let's go in. Get you all warmed up." She said.

But you shook your head as you put your hands on her shoulders.

"In a minute, babe. For now, just kiss me."

"Okay, my love. Happily." She said before pulling you in for another kiss as the rain continued to pour.