"Uh, I don't think that's what he's angry about, and frankly, you don't think so either," Sophie pointed out helpfully.

Hope's scowl deepened. She knew that, but she'd decided to get mad at him since he was also mad at her. "Still. I can't believe he's actually not talking to me! I mean how old is he? Twelve?" She scoffed. "Whatever. I'm not going to call him either. The battle line is drawn."

"Awwww," Sophie cooed, laughing. "It's not even been two weeks, but look, you guys are already having your first fight!"

"Are you seriously making fun of me right now?" Hope demanded.

Sophie shrugged, still laughing. "Maybe, maybe not."

"We've actually been dating longer than two weeks, so joke's on you."

Undeterred, Sophie cooed even harder, deliberately annoying Hope. "Aw. Look at my baby sis all grown up."

"I hate you," Hope declared, glaring at her sister to drive home the point, but of course Sophie couldn't be less bothered.

"I love you too, baby," she sang, going the extra mile to make annoying kissy sounds at Hope.

It was a good thing their mum chose that time to interrupt them because Hope couldn't have promised her sister would have made it out of the room in one piece.

"How many years exactly does it take to bathe and dress up for a baby? What's wrong with children these days?"

"We were just gisting, mummy. Raymond and Hope--"

Quicker than lightning, Hope was covering Sophie's mouth with her hand, muffling whatever she was about to say.

"Raymond and Hope what?" Her mum demanded, already glaring at Hope. "Will you get your hand off her mouth so that she can talk?"

"I'm outta here," Hope declared, before hightailing it out of the room, the sound of Sophie's laughter following her.

"What was that about?" Their mum asked when Hope was completely out of sight.

Sophie turned to her mum, shaking her head. She knew better than to tell her mum Hope and Raymond were 'fighting'. The woman was going to take it seriously then blow things out of proportion. Worse part was that they wouldn't stop hearing about it for years to come.

"Nothing, mummy."

"I hope those two aren't up to any trouble again?" Her mum demanded suspiciously.

"No, ma. They're not," Sophie assured. Seeing that her mum was still unconvinced, Sophie laughed. "Everything's good, mum. Really."

Her mum looked skeptical, but she relented. "Good, they better not. I've dealt with enough shock concerning those two to last me a lifetime."

Sophie chuckled. "To be honest, I didn't think you'd consent to their relationship just like that."

Her mum smiled. It was just a slight curve of her lip, but it was enough to show that her mum was happier with the relationship than she was letting on. "With everything that happened these past few weeks, I don't think I have any strength left to fight a losing battle."

"A losing battle?"

"I wasn't born yesterday, Sophia. Those two . . . Hmmm. Let's just say I've seen how much they care about each other. Raymond is good for Hope. I trust that he'll be able to look after her."

"True," Sophie agreed. Knowing that it was Raymond who had her sister's heart made Sophie feel like she could rest easy.

"Besides, it would be cruel of me to try to take away what they share from them, that's even if I could. I don't know if you've noticed, but your sister is very stubborn."