Chapter 2: Day 1

En başından başla

하지메: That's fine. Is it possible for you to use a more tame fantasy from the other person's mind?

요씨: Odd request. Do you have an idea of who I will send?

하지메: I decoded my file after the trial. It's Komaeda, right? I know you know how he can get. So...I'll owe you one if you do this. Deal?

요씨: Deal. Two steps below the most extreme fantasy.

하지메: Thanks. Tell Dad and Dad I said hi.

요씨: Yep. We're all meeting in the Dining Hall today.

Once I finished that conversation, I got a message from Kazuichi.

카주이치: Do you know something about Jataro? He's in the bathroom right now.

요씨: Oh. Did you say or do something?

카주이치: I just asked him if he was uncomfortable with his mask on, and he ran. One part of it got snagged on the corner of the bathroom doorframe and the rest came off.

요씨: I'll swing by. I'll knock twice on the door.

카주이치: Okay. Thanks. I didn't mean to hurt the kid, and I wanted him to be able to trust me. We are stuck together for a while.

요씨: Trust me, you didn't do anything wrong.

Man...if only he knew. Anyway, I should get to Room 7, which is right across the hall. I say, "Izu, I'm going to Room 7. I should be back at 6:05; if not, earlier." Izu nodded and said, "Yep. We'll be fine. Don't get hurt." I leave, closing the door behind me as I knock twice on the door and Kazuichi opens the door. He's wearing his beanie, a tank top, and cargo shorts.

He motions for me to come in and whispers, "Thanks for dropping by on such short notice. Please be quiet, I'd hate to get my ear talked off by Tanaka." I knock softly on the bathroom door. "Jataro? It's me. Can I go in?" The door swings open. I step into the room as Kazuichi sits on the floor outside the door.

Jataro stutters, "I-I'm sorry i-if I'm u-ugly..." I hug him and say, "Trust me, you aren't ugly. You look more beautiful than some of the other guys here. But if it bothers you that much, then you don't have to take it off. I went through something similar. Why do you think I wear this mask?" Jataro's face lightens slightly and he hugs me.

I ask, "Can Kazuichi come into the room? He was worried about you." He nods, and I open the door for Kazuichi. He walks in and hugs Jataro. I can tell that he flinched, but he didn't push him or anything. I say, "If you want to hang out, then you can head over to my room. Everyone there is awake."

They both nod and Kazuichi grabs a light jacket before picking up Jataro. We quietly leave Room 8 and go to Room 7. I slowly open the door, and Izu holds it open. We all go into the room and chat until the announcement.

"RISE- AND- SHINE- URSINE."

Monodam...man I feel bad. Anyway, I left first and waited in the Dining Hall. People slowly start entering the Dining Hall; even Sayaka made it, albeit with a bandaged midsection and a cast on her right wrist. Courtesy of Kuma, I assume. All the bandages and more critical medical supplies are in the Nurse's Office, which is still locked.

Once the last person enters Taka shouts, "Alright everyone! We have gathered today to discuss something vital! Yoshi, can you take the stage?" I stand and say, "Thanks, Taka. After that trial and...attack; my apologies, Sayaka, we should probably investigate again. See what changed.