You turned your head to her, slowly you nodded. "Let's win this game then." In that moment a screen above you went on.

[ Game ]

"Rules:

- The game will take 16 rounds with each team taking turns of 5 minutes.

- During their turn, the respective team must chase the members of the other team and press the buttons on their vests's back.

- If the button is pressed, that player recieves an electric shock that renders them unable to move for the rest of the turn and in the next turn, they become a member of the other team.

- The king of each team is excluded of team change.

- At the end of the 16 turns, the team with most members receives a GAME CLEAR and the team with less members receives a GAME OVER."

The Queen of Spades was talking and as she said she was the King of her team, she decided our King as well. "As for the Challenger Team.. Who shall I pick? Ah.. I'll choose that boy."

The boy, Kota, who was with Usagi appeared on the screen. He started breathing fast and Usagi held him close to her.

Everyone equipped themself with a button. It turned blue.

"Round 1, the Queen Team's turn, will now commence. The round lasts for five minutes. The game will now start."

You glanced down, you could hear steps from there and then saw the players of the Queen Team running up.

"They're coming.", someone reported.

"If we stick together, they'll get us all at once! Let's split up!", another suggested.

With that all players ran in a different direction, leaving Arisu, Usagi, Kota and you alone. Usagi faced Kota, "Wait here. We'll protect you."

Hesitantly he nodded. "Let's go.", Arisu insited. He tapped Kota's shoulder and then started running. Usagi and you followed him.

You were the last of them who ran down the stairs and you could hear screams above you. Your heartbeat raised and you hoped nobody was starting to follow you.

"Round 1 will be ending soon."

Arisu and Usagi stopped after some time as they heard the countdown. You put your hands on the railing, taking deep breaths. "Who.. has so much stamina..", you exhaled loudly.

"The challenger Team's turn will now commence. The round lasts for five minutes. Start."

"Let's get back the people they caught. There's no way they'll actively work for the Queen. They'll try to get back to our team for sure.", Arisu stated.

"You're right. Okay, let's go!", a player replied.

You shook your head but before you could talk they already started to run. "Forget it..", you breathed, "Arisu you better use your mind.. Nobody wants to be on the loser Team."

You checked your surroundings. You didn't see anyone so you hurried upstairs.

You saw a player with a red button and instantly ran to him. "Don't worry I got you."

You pressed his button and he recieved an electric shock. "Oh shit, sorry.", you muttered. "Ah.. it's okay..", he groaned while laying on the floor.

Your eyes caught movement to your right, you saw a player of the Queen Team. You were about to run to him when the robotic voice made you stop.

"Round 3, the Queen Team's turn, will now commence. The round lasts for five minutes. Start."

The start sound chimed. "Hell no!", you screamed and whirled around. You sprinted in the different direction but you could hear steps behind you.

You arrived in a dead end. You looked over your shoulder and saw the Queen of Spades there. She wore her black hair in a ponytail and had bangs. She looked very fit and her muscles were visible through her shirt.

You slowly faced her and she smirked. "Before you.. press my button.", you took a step closer to her, "How can you wear those earrings? I mean they're so big. What if someone grabs you by them?"

"Nobody is getting that close to me.", she replied and started walking to you.

You swallowed your anxiety down and sprinted towards her. For a moment she was stunned but then she raised her arm, ready to punch you.

You dodged under her arm and stood now behind her. She quickly whirled around to you, kicking out with her leg.

You gasped for air as she hit your stomach. You punched in her face but she grabbed your right wrist before you could punch her. "Shit.", you mumbled. She turned your arm around, making you groan in pain.

You pressed your eyes together. You tried to grab her arm that was holding your wrist, you fell down on the ground on purpose and pulled her with you. She gasped surprised. You groaned in pain as your left shoulder hit the ground.

The Queen of Spades stumbled over you and rolled to the side. You held your shoulder, clenching your teeth together. She quickly got up and looked angrily to you. "Fuck..", you muttered as she kicked in your rips.

You screamed and rolled over. You started to crawl away from her but she grabbed your arms and pulled her up to you. "You'll play for me. Understood?", she hissed.

"Kiss my.. ass.", you snapped and grabbed her earring. Before you could rip it out, she grabbed your arm. Your eyes widened as she kicked in your stomach again.

You fell back down on your ass, hitting the railing with your back. You groaned as pain went through your shoulder. She looked down on you with a grin. "I think I like you.", she turned you over and pressed the button.

An electric shock went through you and you screamed. You could hear her steps getting away from you but you stayed on the ground. The game continued and after every five minutes the turns changed.

"Round 13, the Queen Team's turn, will now commence. The round lasts for five minutes. Start."

You sighed and slowly sat up. Out of nowhere ran Usagi to you. "Usagi..", you mumbled, "I'm sorry. I fought her but-"

"It's okay, Y/N.", she smiled lightly, "But we're losing. We need to get the players back on our Team. Next round I'll press your button, okay?" You nodded.

- - - - -

Happy new year !! I wish y'all the best, take care and stay safe <3

Thank you so much for over 90.4k reads :3 It really does mean a lot to me !