Ch.2 : Your allies

A few days later Mizuki and Misaki formed an alliance in the form of a temporary contract. July is over, and we are into a typical early August afternoon.

"Hee~, this is Mizuki-san's house. As the house of two men living with your uncle, isn't it quite clean!"

In front of the entrance of Mizuki's house, Misaki's excited voice resounded. Her curious eyes looked inside Mizuki's house curiously. Even though when she was watching a movie, she was dressed like a young woman in a summer resort, but today she was wearing denim shorts and a short-sleeved sweater, which looked quite comfortable for activities.

By the way, Mizuki's clothes have barely changed since he went to the movies. Due to the experience of being alone for too long, he barely had any personal clothes in sight.

For Mizuki, who had lived with his uncle since the sixth grade of elementary school, it was always strange to hear a girl's voice in his own house. It would be better to say that in the past, just staying at home with girls of the same age would make Mizuki very nervous and feel unable to calm down.

However, to calm himself down, Mizuki took a deep breath.

Mizuki took a deep breath to catch his breath so as not to be caught by Misaki. As oxygen swirled in his brain, he gradually regained his composure. If so, there must always be a way to survive.

"I'm sorry Misaki-san. Anyway, come to this living room first—"

Mizuki, who turned to Misaki again, pointed to the room.

However, his voice stopped halfway. The reason was because Misaki, who was supposed to be there earlier, had suddenly disappeared.

Mizuki looked around suspiciously, and finally found Misaki at the front of the room at the end of the corridor.

"Misaki-san, what's wrong?"

"Ah, Mizuki-san. Sorry, but I went inside of my own accord."

"It's okay, I don't mind this.... Ah, if you want to go to the bathroom, turn a little to the right."

"...Mizuki-san, suddenly said something like that to a girl a bit. And it's not like that."

To Mizuki's slightly too inconsiderate comment, Misaki sighed.

"I caught a glimpse of this altar at the entrance, so I went in. I always feel a little worried."

"Ah, this. These are my grandparents and...my mother"

Mizuki stared at the Buddhist altar Misaki pointed at with serious eyes.

So, Misaki also looked at the altar with great emotion.

"This is Mizuki-kun's mother...Is that so?"

"Well, what's wrong?"

"It's okay, don't worry. Compared to this, Mizuki-san, can I visit this altar for a bit?"

"Eh? Well, it's not impossible..."

Facing Misaki's sudden request, Mizuki nodded in confusion and agreed. When high school students go to a friend's house, is it ethical to visit a Buddhist altar? Mizuki really wasn't sure.

And just when Mizuki was feeling great, Misaki came into the room and sat in front of the Buddhist altar, quietly clasping her hands together. In Mizuki's eyes, Misaki looked seriously visiting.

After visiting the altar for a while, Misaki sighed and prepared to stand in front of the altar.

So, at this moment, Misaki's body suddenly started shaking.

"Misaki-san!"

Mizuki sensed the abnormality early, and supported Misaki who was about to fall. Ever since he found out that Misaki was seriously ill, he always kept an eye on Misaki when the two were together, and that helped.