CHAPTER 14 - Their First Meeting (3)

Start from the beginning

After that they speculate that he must have die. And just a few days after the incident, Cage, the priestess of the God of Death and Taylor Stan's close friend, appear at the church of the God of Death.

Cage had confidently tells the church about what she had done, in which, she kill half of the assassins, and as a result she was excommunicated from the Church of the God of Death.

Well she could careless about that.

Cage had worked with the hero's party a few times and when they asked about Taylor Stan, she would give them a wary looks then ignored them.

"May I ask how do you guys meet?" Alberu finally decided to asked.

Taylor blinks at his sudden question.

"Ah. It's okay if you don't want to talk about it. I was just a bit curious." He quickly explain, not wanting the other man to got mad for digging into his business.

Even so he truly is curious. It can be seen that Taylor and Cage get along with all of the members. Everyone treat them like family, they're even joke around with them.

Mainly, because of how carefree Cage is. Usually she always on guard and wary of everyone around her, yet she looks so carefree and laugh easily.

Many people started to pay attention to their conversation at that moment.

"Ah it's fine, your highness." Taylor smile gently. He opened his mouth to continue then.

The screen started to flicker on indicate that the break is over. Everyone starts to return back to their seat.

"I apologize, your highness. It seems like we'll have to continue later." Taylor give an apologetic smile.

"It's fine, young master Taylor." Alberu smile, assuring him that it's fine.

•••

✨Cale, Cage and Taylor first meeting ✨

•••

"Ah."

"Oh."

Both Alberu and Taylor unconsciously blurts out.

"I guess I don't need to explain now." Taylor scratch the back of his neck awkwardly. Alberu nods, looking a bit embarrassed too.

"Pfft- I guess so." Cage snicker after seeing their flabbergasted face.

•••

Knock, knock.

"Come in."

Cale said. He didn't look up to see who it is as he's busy looking through all the report. There were mountain of paper on the table.

•••

Cale groan at the reminder. He forgot he still has a lot of paperwork to do.

"Damn it. Even though I escape from being the heir, I still have paperwork to do somewhere else." He quietly grumble.

Those who heard his grumbling snicker to themselves. While his people just shake their head.

While Basen become more determine to do his best so that his brother can rely on him more.

•••

"Boss. We have something to report regarding the Stan's family."

Salynn who had just come in begin her report. Behind her are Freesia and Simon.

•••

A majority of the nobles perk up at this. A report regarding the Stan's family mean that they've been keeping an eye on them. This cause them to wonder if Cale Henituse keeping an eye on just the Stan or all the nobles.