~Seventeen~

"I'll finally be free."

Tanjiro was getting ready with Water Wheel when, at the last second, he saw how the demon accepted defeat and decided to give her painless death with......

"Water Breathing, Fifth form:....

Blessed Rain After the Drought"

With one clean cut, the demon's head was sliced off. 

I thought my death would be painful and agonizing. She thought in her last moments. But not this. This is warm, its not bad. It feels comforting almost.

"There's a member of the 12 Kizuki here." The Spider-Mother breathed before her head disintegrated into black dust. 

"Huh?" Tanjiro turned to look at her only to find nothing.

"You heard her." Tsubasa appeared behind him. "One of the 12 Kiszuki is on this mountain. Let's go find them!" she cheered. 

No one messes with my family. 

The girl froze again. But before long, she just took a deep breath, "Let's find them quickly, okay?"  and smiled. 

"Right!" 

The three of them started running, following Inosuke when suddenly they found themselves at a river.

"Do we cross it?" Tsubasa asked. 

Without waiting for a response, Inosuke started jumping from rock to rock on the rushing current. He was just about to reach the other side when....

"Inosuke!" 

A demon twice the size of the headless one appeared in front of him. It had several eyes and looked plain creepy. 

"That's probably one of the twelve kizuki!" Tanjiro thought out loud. 

That's what you think. Tsubasa silently grinned to herself.

Just then, the demon swung at Inosuke. He ,of coarse, dodged it. Then tried to slash its arm off. But his attempt was in vain as it barely made a scratch on it. 

"The hell!?" he exclaimed and dashed at him again. And again....... And again.  But this time he was thrown into a tree. 

Tanjiro was the next to test his luck. He tried to at least get rid of its limbs with several different water forms but to no avail. Until finally the demon hit the two with a strike so hard it  sent Tanjiro flying far far away.

"Inosuke!!!!" he called from the air. 

"DON'T DIE!!!! I'LL BE RIGHT BACK SO HANG ON UNTIL I AM!!!!"

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Meanwhile, Tsubasa was in  a tree somewhere, observing the going ons......

Inosuke lured the demon away from the water so he could have the advantage of fighting on land. He grounded himself a good distance away from the creature of night.

He tried striking it with his blades again only for the attack to be countered and that resulted in him getting three nasty gnashes on his arms and abdomen. He barely pain any mind to his bleeding torso as he continued to attack.

Think! Think! What would Gonpachiro do in this situation!?

Then he froze.....

The hell!? SINCE WHEN DO I THINK!?!?!?!?!?!?

"If one strike doesn't work!" He jabbed one of his blades into its arm and started hitting it with the other. "I'LL JUST KEEP HITTING IT UNTIL IT IS ENOUGH!!!! ARRRRRGH!!!"