5: Awkward Awakening

(PLS LET ME KNOW IF I SHOULD UPLOAD MY STORIES TO A03!!!)

His cries for his life filled your ears as you ignored his futile attempts at saving his forgotten, useless life.

You wish you could end it.

Your finger itched on the trigger. It would be so easy, just to end it.

But it wasn't supposed to end this way. And you knew it. You would hold back for their plan.

For their beliefs, and yours.

It would all be worth it.

You just needed to be more patient.

\\𝙿𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚎𝚗𝚝//

The tavern seemed to go silent as the next events took place, however you knew this wasn't true. I guess it just felt like it wasn't actually happening, like this was just some dumb trick. Like you were dreaming.

But you checked multiple times, so you knew you weren't. However this didn't take away the shock.

You knew you couldn't do anything, this was between him and Sherlock. Not to mention Sherlock could no doubt get out on his own.

"Really?" Sherlock asked in reply of his name presented at a crime scene. Looking back, he met the grave face of Lestrade.

"I want you to know it gives me no pleasure doing this." He spoke as he walked towards the detective and cuffed him.

"But Sherlock Holmes, I am placing you under arrest on the suspicion of murder. Don't make a scene." He spoke.

You wanted to reply so badly, knowing this wasn't Sherlock doing. But he needed to figure it out for himself, however you would do your best to aid him slightly along the way.

"Mr. Holmes would do no such thing!" You spoke to the inspector, trying to not make things worse.

"He has a knack for solving crimes! Not committing them!" You frustratedly commented.

"It is not your decision to conclude. Unless this case is solved, the verdict will stay the same."

Huffing in annoyance, you looked towards the reaction of Watson and Hudson.

They both looked on in shock and disagreement. Worry planted itself in your stomach, looks like you'd be out even later tonight then planned.

Hopefully they could forgive you.

At the police station, Sherlock was walked down to his cell in cuffs as you all followed behind.

Sherlock was laughing about the situation, "The utter genius! The victim writing my name in blood. That's rich."

"Good show."

"We were together at the estimated time of death!" Watson proclaimed annoyed.

"Meaning, he has a solid alibi!"

"That's why we're taking you all in." Lestrade started.

"Honestly." Sherlock started, "Scotland yard's always easily duped."

"You find my name at the crime scene, and think I'm the culprit."

"Of course pigs like them wouldn't be able to use their eyes to see the simple facts, that even their capture could see." You spoke rolling your eyes in the process.

This inspector just couldn't fathom this.

However, as you all walked up to a different corridor, you saw a man waiting, with a smug look on his face. You really wanted to smack it off him, and you might just do that.