𝟎𝟎

“Are you happy?” such was the question she once asked you in the tranquility of her teapot, away from prying eyes under the phony moonlight.

You blinked in surprise, keeping silent as you let thought flood through your mind. Did you enjoy Lumine's presence? You adored it, much to your chagrin. You loved being with her and Paimon and you cherished the way they welcomed you in their circle of friends. Bit still, were you happy?

"I mean... are you happy even without your memories?" she asked, interrupting your thoughts as her gaze fled from yours. "...sorry for the sudden question" she apologized.

You shook your head with a little warm smile on your lips. She looked relaxed, trusting you wholly "I am happy". Your gaze locked with hers "After all, now I can make new memories"

Lumine hummed. "I'm glad" she mumbled with a fond smile. “Did you remember something recently?” she inquired with a mix of worry and curiosity in her eyes. 

You once pointed out that those eyes of hers had the same color of the finest Cor Lapis yet under the pale moonlight her pupils had a particular glimmer, you noticed. You dwelled in the memory recalling how, for some reason, your words were met by a speechless Lumine and a smug Paimon.

You shook your head, bringing your attention back to her. “No, my memories are still…” you bit your tongue, trying to not let a smirk betray you. “...fuzzy”

“It must be hard…” Lumine whispered softly, her eyes betraying a fleeing glimmer of pity. Unlike you she could recall most of the time she spent with her twin, albeit some of her memories were dulled by the centenary slumber she fell in five hundred years ago.

But you weren't like her. No matter how hard you tried to remember, those memories kept escaping from your grasp. Lumine recalled the dull expression you had the day she rescued you, as if you carried the weight of the sky. 'That day' you told her afterwards 'I realised I am someone's shell'

“Don’t worry” you gave her a sweet smile. A smile that could have been sincere. “I’ll be able to remember everything with your help. But tell me," you mumbled with an almost genuine expression of melancholy "will I be in your memories once your journey ends?”. In the night, your words were almost lost.

"Of course" Lumine smiled, almost bitterly. "All the companions I've encountered across the road will be there"

The Traveller and her companion trusted you. But they didn't know that the lost lamb they loved so dearly was nothing but a snake.

 But they didn't know that the lost lamb they loved so dearly was nothing but a snake

{inspired by a YouTube playlist}

Started: 24/09/23

Ended: ---