ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ Chapter 55

・。

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

"What the fuck is going on here."

Yeoreum flinched at Solmi's tone. She and Shinae had rushed back to the apartment as fast as they could to find Solmi pacing angrily in the living room. Now they stood awkwardly at the entrance, watching her fume. This was not the way Yeoreum wanted to break the news.

"Can one of you please explain why I came home to find Shinae's half of our room gone? And yours as well Yeoreum? What have you guys been doing behind my back?" the girl seethed, eyes blazing with hurt.

Yeoreum knew she shouldn't, but she couldn't help but feel bad for her roommate on some level. She truly had been planning on being civil and trying to make this whole moving process as easy as possible, it was just bad luck that Solmi found out beforehand.
She probably had no idea Yeoreum knew how she had been manipulating her, and was now faced with a situation where her two closest friends were consorting behind her back. Her anger wasn't completely unjustified.

But then again, Solmi had been doing the same thing to Yeoreum. As she stared at the furious girl in front of her, she suddenly felt less bad. It was just an unfortunate situation. And Yeoreum wasn't the one at fault.

From beside her, Shinae shifted and cleared her throat. Yeoreum glanced at her and met eyes. The message was clear. This was Yeoreum's battle to fight, not Shinae's.

Sighing, she pinched the bridge of her nose, trying to formulate a response.

"Give me any sort of reasonable excuse as to what's going on here. Please," Solmi spat out, her tone laced with venom. Yeoreum scrunched up her nose. Solmi adding comments every other second didn't really give her time to explain, she thought.

Just as the girl was about to open her mouth to throw another jab, Yeoreum cut her off.

"We're moving out."

Ah! Very good. Surely that answer was satisfactory. Any second now, Solmi will say, "Oh! Okay!" with a big smile, and turn around to sit on the couch and watch some Spongebob or something.

The girl scoffed: "You think I can't tell, Yeoreum? Is everything a big fucking joke to you? I asked for an explanation not an observation. Be helpful for once and explain."

Or not!

"I think you're the one who owes Yeoreum an explanation, Solmi. There's a reason we're leaving; and I'm sure you know what it is. Don't play dumb," Shinae cut in, unable to control herself.