Chapter Eighteen: A Shocking Secret (Part Two)

Start from the beginning

"If that was the case, Mata. Why is this conversation even brought up now?! Why were you talking about me leaving you both?" Karn asked.

"Our neighbour Latha's sister had come over. I don't know why but ever since we adopted you, she always tells us that you will leave us someday. We never really paid heed to her words until today. You were away for eleven years and we didn't even know where were you! There wasn't a single day she didn't remind us that you were just an adopted son. But, today she told me that, you might have found your real family and you must have left us for them and I don't know how and why but it got into my head!" Radha said and she started crying once again. The thought of her son leaving her without saying a word made her go crazy and mad.

"I know that one day you will somehow get to know this truth but I never really gave that so much of a thought but now that is not the point. Now, that you already know the truth, whatever you want to do, I will leave it in your hands but just know that both I and your pitashree will always be by your side," Radha said and Karn nodded. He had so many unanswered questions and he knew there was only one person who could answer his questions.

***

He looked at the sun that was shining brightly for the entire universe. He doesn't know if the almighty are witnessing whatever that is going on in the world but there were only two people who are witnessing whatever that is going on always. Firstly, Suryadev till the sunset and next is Chandradev till the sun rises. But between these two, he always feels attached to, particularly one of them.

Ever since the day he could remember, there wasn't a day where he ever stopped worshipping him. He believes that his day will not go smoothly if he doesn't worship him. Not worshipping for even a day, is like a sin. When people close their eyes and run away from the brightness of the sun, he will love to be underneath it and embrace it.

"Bhagwan Suryanarayan! There wasn't a day that I never remembered you. I have always felt some sort of a connection with you since young and I don't know why. Today, one of your devotees here wants some answers and I believe that you were one of the gods that witnessed everything that went on in my life. Today, I Radhey Karn hope that you can appear in front of me to answer my unanswered questions and provide me peace," Karn said and a tear slipped from his eyes.

Suryadev looked at his son who was calling out to him. Karn was just a son that he had to give an ungrateful woman. He was the father of several gods and goddesses like Lord Yama (God of Death and Justice), Ashwini Kumars (The twin gods of Health and Medicine), Shanidev (God of Karma), Lord Revanta (The Divine Master of Horses), Devi Yamuna (Goddess of Yamuna River) and Tapati (Goddess of Tapati River). But none of them took after him or neither did any of his celestial children had his power. But Karn was a part of him... Which makes him love Karn more than any of his other children.

"Why are you just staring, Suryadev? Our son is asking for you... He needs his father!" Devi Sandhya said with a tear-stricken face as she looked at Karn from their abode. Karn might not have been her son. He was a boon that was abandoned by the wicked woman. But, he was a part of her husband which also means he is her child as well.

"I can't, Sandhya. It is against the rules!" Suryadev said in defeat. Sandhya looked at her husband with anger.

"The rules were broken when Kunti abandoned our child in the river. All of us almighty was witness to his plight and we couldn't do anything apart from ensuring his safety. But not anymore, he needs us and if you don't go, then I will," Sandhya said and Suryadev closed his eyes. He knows that he shouldn't be doing this, but it seems like he doesn't have a choice now.

Karn was about to leave. What did he expect? The god to come, just because he called? He sighed, thinking that he will just have to live his life without getting answers to his life story.

"Putr Karn!" he heard a voice call out to him. The temperature of the sun seems to be higher than usual but it didn't affect him at all. He felt like Lord Suryanarayan himself was near him. He turned as his eyes went wide.

Lord Surya was in front of him with a small smile on his face. Karn just couldn't believe it. He stood there frozen. Suryadev was in front of him.

'I am sure, I am dreaming... Suryadev is not here,' Karn thought and was about to leave again when Suryadev stopped him once again.

"You are very weird, Putr. You called me to come and now that I am here, you don't believe... You, humans, are really very weird," Suryadev said and Karn just looked at him.

"Are you really Suryadev?" Karn asked and Suryadev sighed.

"Yes, Putr... You called me and how can I say no," Suryadev said and Karn look at him confused.

"But why? Please don't get me wrong... I know I called you but why would you want to come to a mere Sut that called you?! Why a mere sut like me is given importance by a Lord?" Karn asked and Suryadev felt anger rise in him. The fact that his son is calling himself like he isn't important made him feel like a failed father.

"Stop it, Putr! You are not just a mere human nor are you a Sut!!! You... You are my son! You are Suryaputr Karn!"

**********

That will be the end of chapter eighteen. What do you guys think about the chapter? Now tell me... How many of you guys expected this to happen?! Anyways, what do you guys think will happen next?

Please do vote as well to show me your love and support for this story :)

Follow me on wattpad to get notified of the announcements.

Please do share your thoughts and opinion on this chapter, in the comment section below. Along with that, if you guys have any ideas or scenarios that you all want to see, also share them with me :)

Once again... thank you all for supporting me and will see you guys again very soon :)