Part: 22}{Chickens Can't Fly!?}

Peruvian Vipertooth

They may be small, Fifteen feet long, but the Vipertooth is one seriously nasty customer. Not only does it have a 'particularly venomous' bite, this copper-coloured carnivore loves nothing more than chowing down on human flesh. In fact, the Vipertooth's hunger for Homo sapiens became such a problem in the 19th century that the International Confederation of Wizards was forced to call in the exterminators.

-copied from Wizarding World(Ranking The Wizarding Worlds top dragons)

Everything that I'm writing about is either from the Harry Potter Wiki or Wizarding World. So some stuff might not be very accurate. 

-Tommy-

"Are you sure that everything is good? Your wand is checked? You know what spells to use?-" Scott's voice lowered immensely, "You know not to jump off any higher ledges?"

"Ya, ya, I know what to do and what not to do," I replied. I was sitting in the tent alongside Scott. Technically speaking he wasn't allowed to be here, but he wanted to check in on me to make sure that I wasn't going to die the moment I entered the ring.

"You sure? I've read about the Peruvian Vipertooth, and even though it seems small, it-"

"Calm down man, I've got this, Will told me not to get close to its mouth, or else it will eat me alive. I know more than you think."

He made an exasperated sigh, " Then you know that it's nothing like the Ender Dragon, right? You can't destroy some crystals then start to attack it, besides, you aren't allowed to kill it."

"Oh, I'm not?"

He shook his head. 

"No, you're not."

I threw my hands in the air, "well then what's the point!"

"The point is to capture the golden egg, and not die."

"A SURPRISE BY HARRY POTTER, WHO IS YOUNGER THAN ALLOWED! NEXT, TOMMY INNIT!"

A loud announcement was made outside after Harry finished his task.

"Tommy, you're up!"

~*+*~

I walked out of the tunnel into the ring where the dragon was, the Vipertooth was chained down so it couldn't fly away. It was twice as small as the Ender Dragon, but that didn't mean that I could still take it on by myself. 

I wasn't allowed any weapons except for my wand, but I still had my inventory.

I walked up to one of the boulders that were already scorched from one of the previous fights and hid behind it. The Egg was right underneath the dragon. I had to get underneath it without getting eaten or swiped by its tail.

At least it doesn't shoot out lingering poison.

I slowly made my way around the boulder to see the dragon clearer. How was I supposed to get underneath that!?

"GO TOMMY! WOOOO!" I looked up and saw Tubbo cheering next to the rest of my friends, even Beau was there.

Wait, since when was Beau here!? Whatever, I need to finish this. I bolted from behind the boulder and ran around the pit to catch the dragon's attention. Which didn't take very long, it quickly realized that I was snack on legs.

It launched into the air, flew as high as it could go before the chains were tugged on, and dived back down. As it zoomed towards me, I stayed in place until it was only 10 feet away. Then I dashed under it towards the middle, the egg was only 20 feet away, 15, 13, 10, 6.

"AUGGHH!" I was swiped into the air by its tail, and being flung into the air by being hit aggressively was not how I expected it to go. I was way above the stands when I started to fall like a brick.

Before this I had never fallen faster than this, I was going to die. I was going to become flattened chicken on the rocky ground below.

As I passed my friends I saw Beau being lifted on Jack's shoulders. The quick glance that I saw was her flapping her arms. Aha! That's it!

I turned my body so I was falling feet first, and then pulled out my wand and pointed it at myself.

"Arresto Momentum!" I shrieked, then I started to float downwards at a pace that I was familiar with. I landed right next to the egg and picked it up.

"AND HE'S DONE IT, TOMMY INNIT HAS MADE IT PAST THE FIRST TASK!"

~*+*~

-Gryffindor Dormitories-

"Well done Tommy and Harry!" I was being held up on Fred Weasley's shoulders as Harry was being held up by George. I was struggling to hold up the massive golden egg.

"Go on, open it!" I looked at Harry who had already put his hand on the top of his egg. I placed my hand on top of mine and started to count down, "Three, two, one!"

Immediately I was dropped from Fred's shoulders, who covered his ears. I quickly shut the egg, as did Harry. The shrieking left many of us in shock, I was jittery from the sudden loud noise.

"Well that was unexpected, but everyone to bed, we've still got school tomorrow!" announced the Gryffindor Prefect loudly.

I smirked at Harry, "hey, it sounded like you when Neville spilled his Pepperup Potion on you."

"No, it did not!"

"It did too."

~*+*~

I was just getting settled in bed when Jack came into the room. "So how did you manage to use the slowing charm so fast?" He asked as he sat on his bed and brought out his phone. "I'm just that poggers man, not like it was something that I wasn't able to do before."

"Pfff, sure big man," Tubbo laughed as he sat on his bed that was next to mine and whispered to me, "I'm sure it wasn't a little bit of aviation."

~*+*~

-Hermione-

I was sitting in the common room with a book in my lap that was about charms. I was on the singular page about The Slowing Charm. It was invented to charm Quaffle balls in Quidditch so that when it was dropped players were able to catch it easier than just falling straight to the ground.

But how would he have thought of using it on himself? Could a Witch or Wizard even use a charm on oneself in the position that Tommy was in?

Most Witches and Wizards would be too frightened to use such a spell on themselves, they'd have a high chance of missaying it and inflicting more damage if they were to just hit the ground.

I looked out the window and realized how dark it was. This was a mystery that was to be continued tomorrow.

----------

Word Count: 1101