Ch 8: Level 7. Heart Burn

(WARNING:EXESIVE AMOUNTS OF DETAILED GORE AND VIOLANCE!!! AND A LOT OF SWEARING!!! VIEWER DESCRETION IS ADVISED!!! BUT THIS IS A DOOM FANFIC WITH A MATURE RATING, WHAT DID YOU EXPECT?)

The music in my helmet turns off since I've left combat. I look around and see I'm surrounded by what appears to be a form of stomach acid. Strangely coloured yellow like bile. Half decomposed skeletons of other fish like entities swim around in the acid soup, as well as sand, tar, and rock. And even stranger, pieces of buildings and structures that are obviously manmade.

"There are theories that say this place never used to be filled with water. These structures may help prove those theories." Weird. "The very bottom of the sea floor is made out of carpet and other strange materials. Who knows, maybe this place was full of life and flourishing at one point in time until some big event happened which caused the Level to be flooded with water. Hmm." He begins pondering as I dive into the acidic soup. My armor and skin hiss as it comes in contact with the acid. No pain, just sound. Like always.

"Slayer, we have faced this thing before and have been doing as much research as we can. We've sent drones into it's stomach and have discovered something very strange. Do you want to take a look at it yourself?" If it can help me win than yes, I nod. "Ok, uploading the files now." I get a HUD notification telling me I have new data I can view.

Opening it up I'm shown a 3D model of the Thing's intestinal track, but then I see something off about it. "See the weird part?" I think so. All of the creatures organs are in open hollow pockets of space and connected to one another by pathways, but the map cuts off at a strange looking wall. I nod. "We believe this is for the creatures Immune System to get around it's body." Immune system? Why would it's Immune System need open pathways too... and then it hits me.

They need the pathways because the Immune cells are probably big enough to be entities in their own right. They would be this size to stop things like me from doing exactly what I'm doing, attack it from the inside like a virus. But this also means I need to look out for anything that may be trying to kill me in here. Great...

"From the way your moving your body I think you understand, and have already pieced together why the need for pathways so I don't need to explain it to you. Right?" I nod. "Ok cool. So with this you can use--."

"The thing meant to stop creatures like me from doing the exact thing I'm doing to help me do the exact thing I'm doing." I interrupt him.

"Exactly." Awesome. "So just wait until it 'digests' you." Got it. The sounds of fighting and a few more roars tells me the Thing and Tiny are still fighting, I'm pretty sure he thinks I'm dead. While waiting to be brought to the next level of digestion I look around at the ruins lining the inside of it's stomach.

Chairs, tables, and everything you'd expect to be in a home could be found in these buildings. Suddenly, with a loud rumble the valve that leads into it's... other stomach... opens. But for some reason, the entrance is covered by a thick membrane.

"Right, this was here when we sent the drones in. It's there to stop extremely large objects that still need to be digested and broken down longer and even the acid itself from passing through. It should let you pass though." If it doesn't I'll just cut through it. I swim up to it, a strong suction force pulls me closer until I make contact and am pulled through. The membrane is very thick and pushes me though with a rhythmic motion.

When I make it to the other side I'm greeted with an open space filled with stubby tendril like appendages spraying a more familiar green coloured acid onto whatever would be passing underneath.