thirty one

"don't get up," nick mumbled, wrapping his arms around hadden's torso tighter. "you're so warm."

"they're gonna be back any minute now and i don't want to make anyone feel awkward." she said in a hushed tone.

hadden was laying on top of nick on the couch, enjoying each other's presence. it started as the two of them watching tv with george and dream. but when those two left to run some errands, including shopping for a stream, that's when nick asked her to come closer and the two nodded in and out of sleep.

"i don't care how it makes them feel. i don't want you to move. i'm tired." he whined as one of his hands started combing through her hair.

"i'm tired." hadden mocked in a long, drawn out way before getting up finally.

"you suck." nick mumbled before turning over on his stomach and trying to sleep a bit more.

hadden made her way into the kitchen to start cleaning a bit in preparation for the cooking stream they all had planned.

"we're home!" george sang as he and dream entered the front door. hadden quickly rushed to help take some of the grocery bags out of their hands.

"aw, is sapnap sleepy?" dream went over and laid himself on top of nick who was still laying on the couch.

"get the hell off of me." he instantly started trying to sit up.

"come help george set up all of the ingredients and i'll help august get everything set up for her stream." dream instructed before motioning for august to follow him.

it didn't take long for everything to be set up in a functional way. hadden let her stream starting soon screen sit as the boys tweeted that they would be on her stream, bringing in more viewers than she had ever seen.

"hello?" george's high pitched voice said as he quickly unmuted then muted the microphone.

"we can go ahead and start." hadden allowed as they unmuted again and turned on the camera.

"hi everyone! how are we all doing?" hadden said as she was the only one in front of the camera.

she looked down at her phone to try and keep up with the chat that was mostly just asking for the dream team.

"well i guess we'll go ahead and get on with it. we have a fun little cooking stream for today with some friends," hadden motioned for her friends to join her but they all just stood still. "y'all suck. don't make me look crazy."

hadden went and pushed them all into frame of the camera where they each said some form of hello.

"hi chat. i am fully prepared to do none of the actual work." george said with a quick thumbs up.

"well thats actually probably true. august and sapnap are both control freaks. they probably won't let us help." dream remarked as he patted a spoon on his hand.

"not true," hadden rolled her eyes. "now one of you explain what we are making."

the four friends went on to make hadden's favorite kitchen sink cookies that george continually swore the entire time that he would not like. dream has also pretty accurately predicted that hadden and nick would take the reins and do most of the work.

"someone asked how long you are staying with us." george asked sitting on the counter, watching the chat zoom by while hadden mixed the dough.

"i'd rather not say so people don't show up at the airport. let's say somewhere between a day and a year."

truthfully, she didn't know. part of her didn't want to return to her life in texas. part of her wanted to repay her dad for everything he had every done for her and give him her apartment. she could then start over wherever she wanted.

"get your nasty self off the counter." nick said, putting his phone down from checking tweets.

"make me." george taunted, knowing he could get a rise out of him

without hesitation, nick began marching over to where george was sat. when he walked past hadden he placed his hands on her hips, delicately moving past her, not thinking twice about his actions being seen. and neither did hadden.

george instantly hopped off of the counter, knowing nick was stronger than him.

"that's what i thought." nick said confidently before glancing at the chat.

DID YOU SEE HOW HE GRABBED HER

CLIP THAT

UMM

WHAT

SAPNAP AND AUGUST???

"chat, chill." nick said blowing it off, hoping they wouldn't continue bringing it up.

"what happened?" hadden said instantly confused.

"nothing, your chat is just being annoying. what's next?"

"3.. 2.. 1.." dream counted down before they all took a bite.

"how is it?" hadden asked, barely patient enough for them to chew.

"it's actually pretty good." george defeatedly admitted.

"i like them." nick said as he chewed.

"george had to eat his words and actually liked them so i say this was a success. thank you everyone for watching and a huge thank you to everyone who gave a dono or sub! i'm gonna go ahead and end here but i think karl said he was going live after me so y'all go check that out. bye everyone!" hadden waved big as she hovered over the button to end.

"bye!" dream and george yelled while nick waved as he ate another cookie.

hadden told the boys her thank you's for streaming with her and told them she would handle cleaning up the mess that was left in the kitchen.

dream dismissed himself to go edit a video and george dismissed himself because he didn't want to help.

"seriously, i don't mind cleaning up. you all helped me enough by helping me stream." hadden assured as she began cleaning dishes.

"i'm not gonna make you clean alone," he quietly went and began wiping down the flour off the counter. "so how long do you think you are gonna stay?"

hadden bit the inside of her cheek, hoping he wouldn't ask since she didn't have an answer.

"i'm really not sure. i can really go back whenever. its not a problem for me to get a flight."

"i don't mean it like that," nick laughed. "i'm the one that keeps telling you to move down here. i'm just wondering."

nick put up some of the ingredients in the pantry before stopping to make his way over to hadden still at the sink. his arms wrapped around her waist as he rested his head on her shoulder. he let out a deep exhale showing comfortability that sent a shiver down hadden's spine.

"when i'm here it feels more like home than home does." hadden placed the last dish onto a drying towel before leaning further into nick's arms.

"then you should stay. you deserve to feel at home."