Damian smiled and began to play along, "But it is true Athanasia.. Oh I remembered that so vividly." Damian's sly fox smile made Athanasia red from embarrassment and adding Claude's, "You were an insolent little thing. Even back then." Damian nodded in agreement.

"Ahh. Please stop teasing me."

Damian shrugged his shoulder. He knew that this play was only to ease the tense atmosphere Athanasia is feeling.

Damian released Athanasia's hand to let them have their first dance.

People around him was expecting for Damian to turn around to get his desired partner but he didn't move to do that. The blazing gaze of people around Damian made him want to turn them into stone, 'Don't expect too much from me..'.

Damian crossed his hands on his chest and looked at both Father and Daughter with a calm expression. In the eyes of others, Damian seemed to look like he was waiting for something. And he was indeed.

Damian and Lucas talked about it the other day... That Lucas made Athanasia dance with a jelly man.

Lucas didn't mention the moment he sent Athanasia to that Duke's puppy in order not to anger Damian.

Damian was looking forward to the performance. As Lucas said Athanasia practiced with the jelly man and also practice by herself.

The music played.

At first he notices how stiff Athanasia is then she gained confidence, but gradually the mistake was made.

Athanasia stepped on Claude's feet...Pfff— Damian scoffed a little to suppress the laughter.

Did Lucas planned this or just Athanasia didn't practice much? Damian doesn't know but it's hilarious.

Claude saved his daughter from embarrassment and caught her to do a swirl but even with that over, Athanasia still made several mistakes through the dance.

The Dance Finally Ended.

People clapped their hands to applaud.

"You did well."

Claude stretch his hands to help Athanasia up from the floor and Athanasia who clearly remembered her mistakes pouted, "I'll do even better next time."

The people who witness the emperor acting out of character were startled some even gasped out of shock. Athanasia noticed this and asked her father, "Dad, Is there something wrong with how I look right now?"

Claude who doesn't give a fuck about the people around him said what's on his mind casually, "You're as pretty as you looked when you first entered. Don't worry."

Athanasia knew why the people around her were shocked. Claude definitely did not act like that before and witnessing for the first time was something crazy to see.

Somehow she felt embarrassed about it.

Athanasia and Claude stepped aside for the next batch to dance which was the girls who also turned 14 along with the princess, they danced with their partners.

Damian ignored them because he was honestly disgusted. He knew well enough how the noble system works... Most of those girls probably danced with their contracted marriage partner.

Damian walked towards where Claude and Athanasia was. By the time he reached them the dance ended and all the people around them applaud.

Now the next Dance is for all of the girls on that year having their debut.

"Go ahead."What Claude said made Athanasia looked at at him. Damian also shifted his gaze to Claude waiting for whatever next move Athanasia will make.