Chapter 89: Entrance

Start from the beginning

I swing my staff like a heavy hammer as several more rocks suddenly rain down onto the ants. At the same time, I can see Wind taking out his [Sapphire Sword] and stabbing its blade into the exposed skin where the rocks have broken through. True to the wiki's info about the [Link Ants], we can also break through their armor skin with their weakness against [Earth]. Of course, that's not the only trick we have in our sleeves.

As I start firing another set of [Stone Barrage] after its cooldown finishes, I watched my big brother store his sword away and to my glee, he takes out a new weapon that Wallaby built at the last minute yesterday.

[Iron Dagger]

[A dagger made of iron. It's a bit stronger than a simple dagger and a great upgrade for experienced Adventurers

Creator: <Wallaby>

Effect: +17 ATK

Quality: 15]

I have to say, Ol' Wally managed to make a good weapon. No wonder why he managed to turn Wind into a great blacksmith!

But back to the battle, I see Wind suddenly appear behind one of the ants who was hit by my attacks and quickly stabs it from behind. "[Backstab]!"

To my awe, I watch the ant screech before it falls to the ground and disappears into shards. That's another ant down! We can do this. We're not like the ones who accidentally ambushed a [Link Ant] before. We're gonna earn our redemption!

Eventually, Wind takes out two more ants before returning to my side and saying, "Alright, I think I made enough damage. Time to deal with the rest of the first wave."

"No problem!" I declare as I raise my staff again and cast [Rock Slide] again. At this point, their [HP] seems low enough to break through the armor skin of the [Link Ants] that survived that previous attack, so it should be enough for my final spell against these ant jerks. To do that, I switch from my [Prototype Crystal Staff] to my trusty old [Plasma Staff]. "Spirits of thunder, heed my call. Use your mana of lightning to cut down my foes!"

As I raise my staff, the electricity enveloped itself to it, forming a blade around it. "[Thunder Blade]!"

With that declaration, I swung my staff-turned-electric blade at one of the ants, and thanks to the damage I made to their skin, the blade managed to cut through the ant's abdomen, I think. I can't really tell since the game completely censors everything I saw afterward. Regardless, I can tell my new [Thunder] spell worked after the ant breaks down into glass-shard-like pieces. Of course, I'm not done yet! There was one ant left and I would have ended it with my [Thunder Blade]. But I have other plans...

"I call the lightning from above to pierce through my foes' defenses!" I chant as another set of electricity gathered right in front of me, forming a drill-like spear this time. "[Thunder Lance]!"

I throw the spear and watch it stab through the ant's exposed skin. With that, the last ant of the first wave is defeated and we are now fully avenged!

"Yes, we did it!" I cheer triumphantly. "We finally beat those dumb ants!"

"And all of that without unknowingly dragging them near the other players and [Initio]," Wind points out. "But what about Wave 2 and beyond?"

Oh, right. This isn't the end. I did say this is only the first wave and by the looks of it, more ants are coming our way. And even if we have enough [SP] and [MP], we can't waste them along with time dealing with all of them.