Vikram: Ganesh... let me-

Priya: Woah!! Can we calm down for a minute here? And to answer your question, this third person was kidnapped because of your investigation not once but twice. So, Can you please allow me to speak?

Ajay: What help could you do us, Miss?

Priya: First! This is not some help or social service. I'm doing this to satisfy my anger! And Secon, do you know why Sadhasivam attended the ministers' party?

Ganesh looked at Vikram accusingly as if he had committed a grave sin.

Priya: No, no... don't look at him. I have many other resources to get information. So, why do you think Sadhasivam met the ministers?

Ajay: To show his support? To declare that he and his men will be with the party.

Priya: Hmm... Maybe. But what if it's the other way around?

Ganesh: What do you mean?

Priya: What if it's the ministers showing their support to him?

Varun: But why? Why would he need their support?

Ganesh: Sadhasivam asking favours? Something that would never happen.

Priya: Ever wondered how Sadhasivam acquired all his companies?

Vikram: Well, he bought it with the money he got through not one but many of his illegal activities.

Priya: Half Truth. But! The catch is, how did he get all those money just 5 years after his release?

Ganesh: So you're saying that he has some other business other than selling drugs, supplying goons, and also being the head of the rowdies all over the city?

Priya: Why does it have to be that he had enough money to buy those companies? See, all his companies- before he bought them- had a huge brand value. And, the common point among all these companies is that he bought them while they were almost bankrupt.

Varun: But, what connection does this have with him having enough money?

Priya's lips turn into a smirk as she gets into her lecturer mode.

Priya: Welcome to Priya's Commerce 101! So, All the companies have their capital in the form of Shares or Debentures which can be bought by anyone if a company goes public. The company have to pay interest to the debenture holders no matter what. They will have to pay even if there's a loss in the company. And, during this situation, the interest will be paid from the capital money. On the other side, shareholders will be paid only when there's a profit. When a company's reputation goes down, or when there's a continuous loss, the share value decreases. So, the shareholders instead of investing in a useless company, will withdraw their shares. Tada! A part of the capital vanishes!! And this is how gentlemen, the value or the price of a company declines. So tell me now, will you buy a good when the price is high or when it's low?

Ajay: When it's low...

Priya: Exactly! This Sadhasivam has learnt some commerce and economics while in jail. Impressive!

Ajay: What do this history and commerce have to do with the meeting?

Priya: Patience sir. This was to explain to you guys what good a businessman he is. So, why would he declare his support to politicians whose positions keep changing?

Vikram: Then what else would it be?

Priya: You see, our big shot has a company in almost every field. There's a huge tender coming up for all the government projects together. If he gets these tenders his brand, his company's goodwill and most importantly, his wealth will shoot up. This tender is his lottery ticket. Why would he miss it?

Ajay: Hmm... Makes sense...

Ganesh: What if your theory is wrong?

Priya: I don't share my views until I'm sure about it.

Ganesh: But, it will be a waste of time for us.

Priya: You would have had this meeting anyway. But it's me who cancelled all my client appointments to come here. So, it's a waste of anyone's time, it would be mine! So, if you'll excuse me... Bye!

She said packing all her "research" materials and her phone. She opened the door of the house making her way out followed by Vikram.

"What DCP sir? Why did you come all the way out and stand in the middle of the road as if you saw a ghost." Priya asked dumping all her in the saddle storage of her scooty.

" Ammu... Are you a business analyst in secret? How did you find all this? You're really a lawyer, right? You sure you're not some business strategist?" Asked Vikram with shock and amazement in his eyes.

"Perks of choosing Commerce in college bro!" She tapped his shoulder, " Bye!" She said as she rode off in her scooty.

"Ohh," he said looking at her going down the street, " Wait- She called me bro?
That girl!!!"

It's been 6 months since Priya finished her degree. She got placed in a top law firm in the city not as an intern but as a lawyer. Guess whose wedding bells are going to ring soon?

*************

Hey lovlies!!!

I'm back finally! Don't worry this is not a dropped book. This may not be my usual writing. But I think it's a good start for writing after a long time. And!! Your author is now officially a law student!!!

Take care y'all❤️

BE SAFE. BE YOU. BE HAPPY.

With love,
~Nila💜🌙

1368 Words