A Night To Remember

Start from the beginning

They have a long conversation about Chic amongst other things.

"To be honest, I always suspected that Chic wasn't mine." He confesses. "I don't care, Alice. I want to come home. Alice..." He takes her hand. "Our secrets can't hurt us anymore. We can be together again."

Though he's not the one that makes her happy, she's willing to give it a shot. She'll do it for Betty.

+

Hal came to support her in the play later that night. It wasn't who she originally thought to have there on her behalf, but she was happy to have his support from the front row.

Even the original man in mind saw that giant smile on her face. She didn't know he decided to come after all, but he knew how terribly he messed up.

The sight of her taking Hal back hurt his own feelings. He can't say he didn't deserve that. He left that instant. He couldn't stay and watch them together. That decision would save him from witnessing the Black Hood strike again.

But Alice shrieked when she turned to see the aftermath behind her. The Black Hood murdered her play daughter.

The audience and crew was evacuated from the auditorium. Everyone was ordered off of the premises and told to go home while the scene was investigated.

At home, Alice paced around the living room in a panic. Betty and the rest of the kids in the cast had to stay behind with Sheriff Keller for questioning.

"She should be home, Hal. They let me come home."

"They knew her more, dear. Betty and her friends could be more helpful. She's okay, I promise."

"How do you know?" Alice is hysterical.

"I just do," Hal sits her down on the couch. "Relax. She won't get hurt. Over my dead body."

Alice sobs. He consoles her in his arms.

"I'm just scared."

"You shouldn't be scared. The Black Hood only kills sinners. Betty's a good girl. We can even preserve that if we keep her away from Jughead."

"Jughead is a good boy. I trust them both to behave."

"Are you just saying that because he's FP's son?"

Alice pushes herself away from him. "Hal, really?"

"They're both Serpents. Do you really think associating with them would keep us safe from the Black Hood?"

"The Serpents saved me and Betty from those cruel people. You should be thanking them, if anything," Alice defends them. "I already took the time to. I'm not ashamed of them. You know damn well I was one too. Are you ashamed of me?"

"But you're not a Serpent anymore. Look at everything we have together. I gave this to you, not the Serpents."

"Is this really about the Serpents, Hal?" Alice glares at him, sensing that it was more than just about the Southside Serpents.

"I don't know," Hal shrugs. "Is it?"

"If you want to say something, just go ahead and say it. Why beat around the bush?"

"Do you still think about him?"

Alice scoffs.

"Answer the question."

"Why does it matter?"

"You're not denying it."

"Wow," Alice shakes her head. "Do you really want to go there? Do you really think I don't know about you and that half melted ten cent trollop?"