Late Xmas Special

Reader x Empress Lemon

A/N: BEFORE I START THIS. Please do kindly remember the fact that I am not good with smexy scenes so if I suck, you already know why. Its cuz I got no bitches aite? Enjoy 💖

(Y/N)'s POV

It was currently a feast inside the palace. All the officials and royalties are celebrating the temporary victory against the invaders and the main star of that victory was none other than General Kata who was surrounded by many people. I also wanted to personally congratulate her but with so many people surrounding her, I'd rather stay in my seat next to my wife instead.

I look over to Hikari who's situation wasn't looking good, She's been dealing with the court matters frantically lately because of the sudden invasion and the demands for the heir has been coming in again which doesn't only stress her but also me. Her face is pale and she looks much more colder than before even so, I placed my hand on the hand on her lap and this quietly startled her as I felt her hand tremble.

"Is something the matter, (Y/N)..?" Her bright fierce eyes are now replaced with softness as it soon meets mine and I love that her deep feelings for me can ve transmitted without any words needed.

"After the feast, Why not rest in your chamber? I know you still have matters to attend and work to do but I believe that you need to properly rest, my dear.." I frown as I gently squeeze her hand which in turn she also squeezed my hand.

"This.. Um.. Although yes I do need rest but the matters and trouble with the state aren't still yet solved. As a Empress, I cannot ignore the problem within my country, Just what kind of ruler am I if I don't do my duties properly?" She smiled at me and planted a kiss on the back of my hand affectionately.

That is undeniably true but even then, An empress is still a human.. Humans need basic rest to function through the day..
I quietly sigh as I know that I cant convince Hikari to rest and sleep because she can be rather stubborn when it comes to court matters.

I raise my gaze and accidentally met General Kata's grey eyes then she waved at me which I also responded with a polite small bow but then she unexpectedly starts making way towards me.

I look over to Hikari and find that she's currently talking to one of her court officials so I looks back at General Kata who's already infront of me "Good evening General and also, Congratulations with your victory." I greeted her and she kneeled infront of me then I was taken back when she suddenly took my hand then placed a small kiss on it.

"Thank you very much for your kind words, M'lady." She smiled at me and I swear she looked 10× more handsome than before. Not wanting to lose my composure infront of everyone, I smiled politely at her and took back my hands wordlessly.

"Pushing the formalities outside, May I ask what's your business with me, General?" I meet her grey eyes again and I find myself surprised as I saw determination in them, as If she's preparing to say something so crucial.

"Oh..! Yes, Right. May I request to meet your majesty after the feast..?" She said in a low voice that only I could hear and it's understandable why she's being so sneaky about it. A general asking for secret meeting in the night would be consider as blasphemy as I am a married woman, Not only that but I am married to the ruler of the whole country. There are many eyes that are going to observe me and criticize every movement of mine just because I'm the only wife of Hikari.

Even so, I cannot ignore her request, Meeting her secretly wouldn't hurt anyone "I don't mind, Meet me by my courtyard and please, Don't let anyone see you."

She nodded obediently and went back to talking with people and I sighed then looked down on the hands on my lap..
Although I already have a foreboding feeling what we're both going to talk about, I cant help but feel a bit sorry that I can't respond to her feelings with the same emotions.