Calm

Vanessa

It was midnight. Alex was outside smoking and i was taking off my makeup. He came back in and saw me in the bathroom. He stood against the door frame with his arms crossed and laid his head agains it as well.
"Look about tonight in the cab..." he started speaking
"It was a mistake." He said. I didnt look at him.

A mistake?

Mistake.

Nothing didn't even happen.

"Okay." I said coldly. I could feel his eyes looking at me but I didn't mind. I didn't care. Nothing had happened. "It's late, Alex. You should get some sleep." I said while looking back at him.
"You're the one who has to get some sleep. You must have gotten tired up there." He said with a low voice while walking back to the bed.
"I'm sleeping on the ground tonight. Tomorrow is your day." I said while walking out of the bathroom.
"No your not. Not after what I made you do." He said and nodded in disagreement. I rolled my eyes and got into bed. I thought for a moment, why am I cold with him when nothing happened? I fucking hated him and I didn't have to be cold just now. Fate stopped something stupid and I'm happy for it.
"Get up I need a drink." I said while getting up and looking at him. He looked confused as i started walking towards the closet we shared. I opened it and grabbed a red dress. He scoffed and approached me.
"Actually, fuck the drinking. Let's go fuck that Alice girl up." I said while turning around to look up at him.
"No, not tonight. For tonight we can go fuck up some other assholes. I've got a list for you to choose from." He said smirking. And fuck yeah I wanted to fight some people tonight. It makes my thinking go away.

I walked over to Alex who was drinking a beer on our table and putting out documents of different people.
"Why do you have these?" I asked interested while looking down at them. There were about fourteen documents. He scoffed and looked at me.
"You really don't know?" He asked. And no, I didn't.
"Stop fucking with me. How?" I asked yet again.
"My father used to be a detective for a few years. He helped Alice's family by being on the inside. Whenever Alice's dad wanted to find someone or get ahold of any kind of weapon, my father helped." He said unbothered. "Was your father by any chance gay for Alice's father or something?" I asked while chuckling.
He smiled. A genuine smile. Huh, it was pretty. No.
I caught myself staring at him and I snapped back to reality before he noticed. "So are you choosing? It's 1 AM we don't have all night." He said seriously.
I looked over a file. The name was Luc LeBlanc.
"What's his story?" I asked Alex while pointing at the man's file. "Drug dealing, human trafficking and is said that he raped his girlfriend's little sister but no one knows yet." He said while taking out pictures of the little girl. Fucking asshole. "Oh, I can't wait to feel the flesh of this one." I said chuckling. "You aren't even strong." He said. "I suppose I'm not but he doesn't know who I am so the police can't catch us." I winked at him and he rolled his eyes. But I was right. Maybe i wasn't strong but I did a month of training when my father got involved with the mafia. Hoped that would help. "Its stupid." He said. "What?" I asked.
"Its stupid that you're trying to kick someone just so your anger will go away. If you want to do that you can ask. You don't need to kick someone's ass." He said. He was right. I didn't have to kick someone's ass without any skills. I needed to think this twice.
"You're right. Let's save this for another day." I said giving up on the wish of fighting. Maybe I shouldn't have. "You still up for that drink?" He asked. I nodded.

_____
Alex

Everything that happened today was weird and it all happened very fast. I could see the anxiety on Vanessa's face when we were in a cab. We sneaked out for the fourth time this week and it was just our first week. She wanted to "fight" someone but of course I changed her mind. I'm not stupid to let an eighteen, untrained and angry woman fight some sick fuck.
The cab stopped at a bar. My favourite bar. Expensive and elegant. Somewhere I used to go whenever I visited France with my family. I loved this place.
We entered and Vanessa's eyes lit up.
"What is this?" She asked while looking at me.
"Lumière du noir." I said while smirking. I looked at her and put my hand towards her. "Miss Black." I said and she chuckled. That perfect smile on her face lit up.
Pretty I thought. She put her hand on mine.
"Sir French Guy." She said and we both walked in.
The bar had black marble walls and floors. It didn't have many tables and we were the only ones there.
As we sat down the bartender looked at us while washing a whiskey glass. He grinned and put it down.
"Salut. Que désirez-vous?" He said

- Hello. What would you like?-

"Whiskey, pour nous deux." I said and he nodded.
I could feel Vanessa's smirk. She turned to face me and laid her head on her hand like a little girl.
"You remembered." She said. Of course I did.
"I still have the bottle there. Under my bed." I smirked.
"Awh, did you keep it because you were gonna miss me?" She asked while getting closer to me.
"No, I was just too lazy to take the trash out." I said.
She scoffed and went back to her place.

_____

Authors note

Everyoneeee it is finally 2023333.
Sorry y'all had to wait a bit for this chapter but school starteddd. Sadly. High school sucks and I hope it's all gonna be over soon but until thennnnn I hope y'all have an amazing yearrr.

Love yaaa
N <3