ʰᵉʳ ˢᵒⁿᵍ

A/N: The perspective changes a lot in this chapter so make sure to pay attention!

sᴏɴɢ: sᴛᴀʀɢɪʀʟ ɪɴᴛᴇʀʟᴜᴅᴇ, ʟᴀɴᴀ ᴅᴇʟ ʀᴇʏ, ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴇᴇᴋɴᴅ
꧁    ༆    ꧂

𝑌/𝑁,𝑠 𝑃𝑂𝑉:

I spent some time getting ready. Tsireya braided my hair nicely and I practiced vocal exercises. Singing for me was normal at public events but this time it would be with 6 new audience members, 1 of which, I found attractive.

I wouldn't sing too often at dinners however and only on special occasions, hence why I would do it tonight to welcome the newcomers.

I would sing a prayer song to Eywa while my village prayed to the great mother. After that when other music makers like, drummers, flute players and etc. would play, myself and other village dancers would dance to the celebration music.

In a way, music freed myself from everything. It distracted me from my problems and let the notes and beats take over my mind completely.

As Tsireya called me out of the house, I began to walk to the large campfire the clan would eat around, already seeing the same boy from before, who set his eyes on me the moment I came into his view.

꧁    ༆    ꧂

Nᴇᴛᴇʏᴀᴍ,s ᴘᴏᴠ:

I had her eyes stuck in my head. I'd never seen anything like them. I thought she was the most beautiful girl I'd laid eyes on.

Excitement ran through me as I learned that she would be singing tonight at the bonfire to welcome us.

"You kids on your best behavior tonight," Father warned, looking directly at Lo'ak. "Listen to your father. No speaking unless spoken too and audience manners please," Mom added. Us kids all responded with a nod as we left our new home to the bonfire dinner.

꧁    ༆    ꧂

Women and men had already starting cooking fishes and clams so, by the time Y/N and her family arrived, dinner began to be served.

Y/N's family sat besides the my own, me next to the girl. Y/N turned her head towards me and I immediately smiled and waved which Lo'ak cringed at and she gave a small smile back to.
-
𝑌/𝑁 𝑃𝑂𝑉:

"Ew way too friendly," I thought to myself, embarrassed of my boldness.

"Everyone," Tonowari started ringing a bell. "Tonight we welcome the Sully family. We will first say a prayer to Eywa, while our songbird, Y/N will sing for us. We will then eat and after dance." he said sitting back down. "Let the festivities begin!"

Everyone get's down into praying positions and I anxiously walk towards the middle of circle they have formed with a tingle of nervousness. I clear my throat and with all eyes on me, I began to sing.