ᶠᵒʳᵉˢᵗ ᵇᵒʸ

sᴏɴɢ: ꜰᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ ꜰɪʀsᴛ ᴛɪᴍᴇ, ᴍᴀᴄ ᴅᴇᴍᴀʀᴄᴏ

𝑌/𝑁,𝑠 𝑃𝑂𝑉:

꧁ ༆ ꧂

I was born to the village sweethearts. My mother, a beautiful singer named Leiô Rol and my father, A brave warrior who they called Renuli Rol. The two of them were so in love and had me after only knowing each other for a few weeks. They were perfect parents and raised me with an overwhelming amount of love.

When I was insecure that my eyes were violet unlike everyone else, my mom would tell me how beautiful they made me. When I struggled with riding my ilu my father stayed in the water for hours until I got it.

Together they raised to be independant, brave and kind.

They were perfect parents, until they vanished.

A year ago the two of them said they wanted to relocate, something about a vision my mother had that told her it would soon not be safe here. She often would tell me how Eywa had given her the gift to glimpse into the future but I struggled to believe her.

She told me great danger could come to our home, so she and my father said they'd be back in a few weeks. Months past and all assumed the worst. I have hope still. Hope they will one day return just like they said.

They'll tell me of a beautiful place that is safe and we'll all live there together happily. For now I stay with my best friend, Tsireya's family.

They treat me kindly and adore me saying that they wish I was their own. I'm sure they love me for me but also for my voice.

My mom passed down her singing genetics to me and ever since I could not stop. I was a songbird and naturally sang at any moment. Whether it was a simple hum or aggressive belt, my vocals always seemed to be playing a song.

The village praised me for this. I would sing at dinners and events and they were crazy for it. I learned many songs and slowly would carve lyrics of my own into my mind.

All I cared about was music, well until I met him.

꧁ ༆ ꧂

I hum to myself as I braid Tsireya's hair. "You know Y/N, I'm starting to think Aonung's got it for you," she giggles. "Huh? Ew gross, he's becoming like a brother to me." I roll my eyes. "C'mon remember when you had that huge crush on him?" she reminds me of the disturbing time. "Yuck! That was past Y/N let's focus on future Y/N," I huff.

She's right though. In winter I completely fell for Aonung after he comforted me about my parents disappearance. I told Tsireya all about it and we made all sorts of plans I would be too shy to activate. Maybe I held onto some old feelings but I was fine with our current friendship.

As I softly hum, my song is interrupted by Tsireya letting out a loud gasp. "Hm?" I question. "Look! Ikrans! Those never come around here," She says. As she looses her focus and stands up, her braid fully falls out. "Tsireya!" I whine, falling backwards in my own annoyance. "Look they're heading towards the village!" she observes. "Let's check it out!" The Metkayinan girl dives into the water towards the village and I sigh and follow her.

Last I remembered, Ikran were forest creatures, and last I checked, we were far from the forest. I wondered what the riders were doing out here.

As I finally made it to the shore behind Tsireya, I saw an odd looking family. They were from another clan for sure, probably a forest one. Dark sky blue skin and yellow eyes they had. Their arms and hands were thin as well as their tails. There was six of them, a mom and dad, two girls and two boys.

"Hey," The shorter boy awkwardly smiled to Tsireya who snuck a grin to herself. I nudged her giggling to myself before looking at the boy next to him.  He gazed into my eyes like there was something wrong with them. I hate that. When people make it so obvious that you're different as if you didn't know. So what I have purple eyes get over it.

I see him whisper something to his brother who laughs at him while he still maintains eye contact with me. Great now he's probably cracking jokes about me being weird. He offers me a smile but I give him a short dirty look before paying attention to the mid conversation of Tonowari and the father of the family.

I examine the family while half listening to the conversation. They are refugees and looking for safety here from being hunted by the demons. Ronal and Tonowari argue about how we are at peace and do not want war.

As I blank off my thoughts come to a pause when Ronal's voice gets more aggressive. "They are not even real Na'vi!" she claims. She holds up the older daughter's hand which have four fingers. "Yes we are!" the unknown girl argues, "They have demon blood in them," Ronal says. I slightly gasp as I see that two of the kids and the father all in fact have four fingers.

"I was born with the sky people, but now I'm Na'vi. We can adapt. Just like we can adapt to being water people," The father admits. Ronal falls back and looks to Tonowari. "Fine then! Toruk Makto and his family will stay with us. We will welcome them tonight at dinner formally. They are one of us now and will learn the way of water. Aonung and Tsireya, my children and our houseguest, Y/N will teach your children the ways of water. They will be like babies taking their first breath. Help them so they will not suffer the shame of being useless." Tonowari finishes.

Aonung tries to argue with his father about this teaching position but I walk over to the family with Tsireya.

"Hello, I am Tsireya and this is Y/N," she introduces. "I am Jake Sully, this is my mate Neytiri. My eldest son is Neteyam, eldest daughter is Kiri. Our younger son is Lo'ak and our littlest one is Tukitrey but she'll want you to call her Tuk," he explains in only one breath. I hear a collection of scattered hi's from them all before Tsireya continues, "Follow me, I will show you to your marui pod, where you will be staying."

The family follows us admiring the beauty of the village. The youngest one has a fun time on our path which is similar to a hammock.

"Hey," I hear an unfamiliar voice say. I quietly gasp turning my head to see the male walking closely by me. "Oh it's you," I say. "Is that disappointment in your voice?" he pretends to be offended. "Perhaps," I yawn. "You have beautiful eyes, my brother thinks so too." "Hey! I didn't say tell her weirdo!" I hear his brothers voice say. My face slightly warms up but I brush off the compliment. "So when you were whispering about me it was not with cruel intention?" I ask. He looks surprised, "Not at all," he shakes his head. "Ok," I simply say as we arrive to their new home.

"It's not much but we hope you can live comfortably here," Tsireya smiles. "This will work, this is nice," The father says almost like he's trying to convince himself. The mother drops the rug out of her hands and it lands on the ground with a thud.

"We'll let you get settled in. Dinner is at eclipse so we hope to see you there, Y/N will be performing," she says elbowing me. "That sounds lovely, thank you," Toruk Makto says as we usher ourselves away. I glance back as I walk away from the family accidentally meeting eyes with the pretty boy again, who sees my stare and laughs to himself. I fluster up and turn away speeding up my pace to Tsireya's dislike, as she struggles to keep up.

I now worry to impress this boy at dinner and hurry home to get ready for the night.

꧁ ༆ ꧂

1500 words
The End
A/N: I wrote this fanfic bc I'm obsessed w/ this movie and Neteyam so yea. Also I've only watched it once so don't attack me if I get scenarios wrong bc yo girl ain't sitting in a tiny ass theater for 3 hrs, double layering her eyesight glasses and 3d glasses again. Also original storyline may differ so that I can give my cuties some lovey dovey moments. Anyways that's all hope you enjoyed first chapter and PLEASE drop a snazzy vote or comment to boost my ego about this so I don't get insecure and delete it.
Anyways chao chao.

-edited-