Chapter 30: Reunions

Start from the beginning

"Get out of my way," Mason growled, glaring at the synth.

"Engaging Target," the synth said, moving to attack Mason.

Bam! BAM!

Closing the distance, Mason threw a cross before throwing an uppercut. The synth tried to move to attack, throwing a punch before Mason blocked it.

Bam!

Staggering back, the synth was pushed back and moved to pull out its weapon.

BAM!

Throwing another cross, Mason grabbed the synth by the front of its armor, throwing it to the ground.

BAM!

Throwing a low kick, even when holding back, Mason took the head off the body, the armor and helmet doing nothing to keep the neck from tearing. Moving forward, he moved to head to the room ahead, already knowing there'd be more synths ahead.

"He's pissed, isn't he?" Jackson questioned as they came in after the General, surprised by the carnage. He'd seen battlefields like this before, but that was usually done by Super Mutants and other synths. A human doing this, that was something new.

"I'd say so. She is as well," Nick remarked, gesturing to Heather. "There's a reason he brought us along."

Collecting the fusion cells off the bodies, he and Nick were surprised when they saw one with black armor with its head off its body, another nearby with its head in a cabinet, its body held up by it.

"Fuck," Jackson said, turning around as he saw a turret get thrown into a wall. "What did I get myself into?"

After injecting a stimpak after throwing the turret, more than a few bullets grazing his arms when he closed in on it, Mason put the needle into his bag as he tightened the strap on his helmet. Hearing four synths coming, he stretched his arms as he moved forward, getting ready for the machines.

"Bring it," Mason muttered, a growl coming out underneath it. As the first synth came into the room, Mason charged forward.

Bam!

Throwing a jab, Mason sent the synth flying back, knocking over another as it fell. Not wasting any time, he moved to the next one, grabbing it by the head.

SCRR-SNAP!

Tearing the head off the body, Mason kicked it back, hitting the synth behind it. Holding the head in one hand, Mason threw it into another synth, hitting it with enough force to take out its leg.

BAM!

Kicking a synth as it charged at him, Mason sent it flying back onto a landmine in front of a terminal. Closing the distance between him and the two remaining, Mason threw a hook at the nearest one.

Bam!

Punching the synth clean in the neck, it became unhinged as it staggered, hanging by the wires underneath the skin. Quickly putting a knuckle away and pulling out his pistol, Mason pressed it to the machine's head.

Bang!

Dodging an incoming swing from the other synth, Mason ducked under the next swing before slamming into it as he wrapped his arm around it, pushing forward as he held it.

Byoom! Byoom! Byoom! Byoom! Byoom! Byoom! Byoom!

As the laser turret on the ceiling in the next room began firing, Mason held the synth up, the body taking the shots. When the machine stopped firing, he dropped the pile of scrap and aimed his pistol.