Chapter 6: Thicker Than Blood

Start from the beginning

"You go up there yet?" Alex asks.

"I call her," Eddie admits.

"Hm. How's that?" Greg sighs.

"She needs her space, so I'm giving it to her" Eddie explains as he looks at Alex again in the mirror and notices a small smile.

"What?" he questions curiously.

"I thought you were a fighter" Alex jokes, causing Eddie to roll his eyes.

"You know, this whole Parker vs. Lane thing is unfair. Considering it's two against one here" Eddie snickers, causing both Alex and Greg to smile too.

"So, Jules..." Eddie then says, changing the subject.

"Yeah..." Greg then says and Alex appears between then curious.

"What about Jules?" she asks.

"Asking about kids" Eddie states and a small gasp escapes Alex's lips.

"No," she whispers.

"Does nothing escape your notice?" Greg then says, and all three of them laugh as Alex hits her dad playful on the arm before sitting back in her seat.

***

Alex grabs her gun from the trunk before walking back and noticing her dad, Sam, and Eddie all looking towards the building. "That glass is a problem. He's gonna see us coming" Sam says as she approaches behind them. He was right, the bank had large floor to ceiling windows wrapped around it.

"Spike, what's on the roof?" Alex then questions curiously.

"If you get up there, you may have access. But might have to pop open a roof hatch" Spike says through the headset.

"I'll grab a wedge" Wordy states, as he turns back around and runs towards one of the SUV's.

"All right, let's check the back. Let's get up there" Eddie says, causing Sam and Wordy to follow him towards the back of the building.

"Got a couple more witnesses" Jules begins as she runs towards Alex and Greg.

"He's working alone, he's emotionally volatile, he managed to disarm the security guard, and he keeps saying, "it's my money."" Jules explains through heavy breathing.

"He came unarmed?" Alex questions confused.

"Yep," Jules nods.

"This isn't sounding like a stick-'em-up" Alex says looking back towards the building.

"Yeah, more like a really unsatisfied customer, whose name is Mr. Finch" Jules states.

"Mr. Finch?" Greg asks as he writes the name down in the file.

"Yeah, that's what the staff kept calling him" Jules answers.

"Well, you could have said that first, Jules...Spike?" Greg smiles.

"Got it. Mr. Finch. I'm accessing the credit union's records right now, and I got CCTV coming up too" Spike says through the headset.

"Now how're you getting that from the truck?" Alex questions curiously, looking towards the Command Post Truck.

"'Cause I'm magic" Spike answers.

"'Cause he talked to the assistant branch manager who gave him the access code" Jules then admits, causing both Greg and Alex to chuckle.

"And I worked my magic by asking her nicely" Spike sighs, as he types away on the computer.

"Here's our way up" Sam says as he turns the corner and notices a ladder to the roof.