Downhill Dare

I made it through my last first week of high school, and I'm pretty damn proud of myself. Sure, I've always been the good twin that gets good grades and stays out of trouble, but senior year is the year to slack off. Isn't it? I don't even know. All I know is that I'm tired and in need of a very long nap.

My bag drops from my shoulder to the floor with a loud thud, and I fall onto my comfy bed. A yawn escapes my mouth as I kick my shoes off. Finally, a nice, relaxing na-

"Em get up!" El yells before barging into my room. She knew I'd be in bed, yet she still wakes me up. How rude.

"Get out," I groan into my pillow not picking my head up. "I need sleep."

"We're going to a party," Lola's excited voice makes an appearance.

"Why we?" I groan still not picking my head up. Sleep always comes before a party.

"Because we're not going to let you miss out on yet another party," El says determined. I let out a sad sigh knowing there's no way I'm winning this battle. It's two against one,  which is totally unfair, and they're both very stubborn. Maybe I can slip a few minutes of sleep in before they drag me up to get ready.

"We're going to party so hard Femery will make an appearance," Lola exclaims with a giggle. That made me jump up and give Lola a dirty glare.

"Oh my god yes!" El laughs loudly. I could almost call it a cackle.

Femery is my alternate personality that only makes an appearance when I'm extremely drunk. I know I said I am the good twin, but that doesn't mean I've never partied. I just know how to do it responsibly without getting caught.

Back to Femery, when she takes over, I become a crazy, possibly psychotic feminist. I argue over the dumbest things too. The last time I got piss drunk I fought with a guy that tried to buy me a drink, and gave him a black eye. I also broke my thumb.

"She will definitely not be making an appearance," I argue back defensively. No way in hell.

"Fine," Lola says with hints of giggles still in her voice. "Let's have hot, supermodel Emery make an appearance."

                            *****

After a good 4 hours of makeup, hair, and clothes, we are all ready.

"Why am I the only one that has to wear a dress?" I practically whine.

"I'm wearing a skirt, they're basically the same thing." Lola reasons. El agrees while fluffing her dirty blonde waves. Lola is doing the same to her purple mess of curls. Yes, Lola has purple hair. Once upon a drunken night, she dyed it purple and ended up liking it. Result: I've had a purple haired best friend for 5 months

I look at myself in the mirror. There's no doubt that I look hot, but I feel like I'm suffocating. I managed to squeeze into El's extremely tight, blue dress that barely reached the middle of my thighs. My boobs look huge, and my body looks amazing. Same with my makeup and hair done by Lola. My dark waves, that she somehow managed to tame, are soft to the touch. El and Lola really are miracle workers.

"Time to get partying!" El exclaims excitedly. Despite the uncomfortable outfit, I'm pretty excited to have a fun night out.

"Are the heels really necessary?" I ask looking fearfully at the very high heels that El just handed me. These things are deadly.

"I guess you can wear your high tops, but only because they look good with that dress," she replies while pulling on her own converse. I squeal with excitement. At least I know my feet won't hurt during the party.

We walk out the door and hop into Lola's car at around 9:30, which makes us a little late but who is actually early to parties. As we pull up to the large house that is almost shaking from the bass, I unbuckle my seat belt. I go to open the door, but Lola locks them before I can.

"Pre-party shots," she yells pulling a bottle of vodka out from under the seat. Of course she has an open bottle of fucking alcohol in her car. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a stash of dope hidden in her glove box.

Lola takes the first drink in a large gulp, then passes it to El. She takes her sip, and hands me the bottle. I take three large gulps before handing it back to Lola. It burns my throat going down, and I almost spit it back out. I manage to get it down cause honestly I'm going to need them.

"Damn Em, it's pre-party not the actual party," Lola teases me capping the bottle. She slides it back under the seat, and unlocks the doors.

"I'm nervous," I mumble back. After getting out of the car, we make our way through the nicely cut yard to the crowded house. It's hot and smells like alcohol and sweat. The usual atmosphere of a party.

People are all over, and I catch many of the males checking me out. Oh fuck, this is a bad idea. This is a really bad idea. I should be at home doing my AP calc homework and eating pizza rolls in my ninja turtle pajamas. I try to turn and walk right out the door, but El catches my arm before I can.

"Oh no you don't," she yells over the music. Lola grabs my other arm, and together they drag me to the kitchen. There aren't a ton of people in here. A few already drunk teens doing shots and a couple just talking. It's a little quieter, so I can see why they chose the kitchen to talk.

"Let's play a drinking game," El says grabbing three shot glasses and a bottle of clear alcohol. "Lola, you make the rules."

"Okay every time someone hits on one of us we take a shot," Lola says with a devilish smirk on her glossy lips. We all agree to the rule, and wait. It doesn't take long for a jocky meat head to approach El.

"Are you a library book turned in late? Cause you have fine written all over you." Oh my fucking hell. First, that is the saddest, most overused pick up line I've heard. Second, I'm pretty sure he didn't even say it right. Quickly I take 2 shots. Only one was required, but I needed it after watching this poor guy crash and burn.

El is close to falling on the floor from how hard she is laughing. The imbecile walks away mumbling curses at El. She obviously doesn't care, though, cause she takes her shot with a shake of her head.

"This is going to take too long, how about dare or dare?" Lola states a new idea. I already see this going downhill, but I agree along with El. The alcohol is already messing with my ability to make good decisions.

"Emery," El says turning to me abruptly, "dare or dare?"

"Dare," I say sliding the shot glass from my right to left hand repeatedly.

"I dare you to.. act drunk and start an argument," El finally states her dare, "or drink 3 shots."

"I don't fight, El!" I protest immediately. In return, she slides 2 shots towards me and fills my glass as well. Damn.

"Fuck it. Bottoms up," I say downing the first two. My face contorts at the harsh burn. I take my last shot immediately regretting it when I can't keep it down. The burn is too much, and I turn spitting it out. El and Lola gasp behind me. Fuck. Did I really just do that? It really has been too long since I've partied.

After wiping my mouth with the back of my hand, I begin to turn back around, but that's when what I did finally set in. I missed the sink.

In front of me stood a very pissed off Carter Knight with vodka soaking the front of his black shirt. I just spit vodka on a guy that could kill me with his pinky. Help?

I'm going to start writing again. It's been way to long, so here's an update with hopefully more to come!