Avengers x Reader

imagine: you're having a bad hair day and no one understands the struggle

(Y/N)'s pov

Last night, after a mission, i forgot to wrap my hair. Great. On top of that, I slept on a cotton pillow case. Even better. I stared deeply into the mirror, observing the nappy jungle that sat on top of my head. My 3c mixed with my 4b, causing single strand knots across my head, and my edges lost their pressed out look. I've tried everything but washing my hair, which at the moment would be plan Z, considering wash day was 3 days ago. I picked at it from different angles, trying to get out as many knots as i could with my fingers. I whipped around when i heard a knock at my door.

" (Y/N)? It's Steve."

He said from the other side of the door. I can't let him see me like this. I heard him knock again.

"C'mon it's time to get up!" He said, even more patient than the first time. "I know you're in there."

2 inhales of silence.

I heard the distinct beeping of the keypad on my door handle being pressed. 3 numbers in, 6 to go. I had to react quickly, so I softly ran across the floor to the edge of my bed. 3 more numbers to go. I climbed in as fast as I could and put a pillow over my head and hair, followed b my comforter. Finally, Steve opened the door. My ears stretched and heard his footsteps coming toward my bed. He stopped at the side and gently moved the comforter back. Good thing i had this pillow over my head. He shook me gently.

"(y/n). Wake up." Steve said softly.

I faked the best groggy voice I could, "okay."

I thought this would work out, but stubborn Steve stayed there because i was still laying down.

"Is she not getting up?" Pietro said peeping in from my doorway.

I recognized his accent the second he started talking.

"Nope," Steve replied, popping the p.

"Do you want me to try?" Pietro said coming into the room.

"Sure, don't hurt her," Steve said heading to my door.

I felt someone climb into bed with me. No no no no no. No.

"(y/n)!" Pietro said.

"Pietro, I'm awake. I just can't get up." I replied, sounding muffled because of the pillow.

"And why is that? You just said you were awake, no?" He replied.

"Just- I can't" I replied getting a bit frustrated.

I peeped at the alarm clock. 8:14 flashed across the screen. "Fine, I'll leave." He said, getting up. He got up and ran in the kitchen, closing the door behind him. I used this opportunity to run into the bathroom and try to figure out what to do with my hair.

Pietro's POV

I raced to the kitchen to find almost everyone drinking coffee.

"Did she get up?" Steve asked me.

"Nope." I replied flatly. I walked over to the cereal shelf and poured some into a bowl.

"Wait who? (y/n)?" Tony asked.

"Yes, she said she can't get up even though she claims to be awake." I said.

"That doesn't quite sound like (y/n)" Sam admitted.

"You're right. As a matter of fact you're so right we should go check on her." Tony said, sassily.

Tony, Sam, and James all disappeared into the corridor to go see what was up.

(Y/N)'s pov

I finally figured out what to do with my hair. I sprayed it down with de-tangler and combed it out with several wide-toothed combs. I always keep a whole box of different combs underneath my bathroom cabinet. I began to flat iron and press my hair. I was finishing the top layer when I heard someone knocking at my door. but I was wearing a t-shirt and pajama shorts, so whoever it was could come in.

"(Y/N)!! It's Tony! Are you decent?" He said from the other side of the door.

"Yes, Tony!" I yelled back kind of laughing.

Tony came in, followed by Sam and James. I continued flat ironing my hair. Most of my hair was flat-ironed, but there was a spot in the back I still had to get. I started to flat iron the back, and they all turned their attention to me. They observed the scene of broken combs in the trashcan, the area surrounding the trashcan, the sink, and the counter.

"What happened in here?!" Tony asked, concerned.

My hair happened." I replied, trying to stay focused.

The rest of the crew showed up at my doorway, because of Tony, Sam, and James yelling. I was getting frustrated because i couldn't focus with them all asking the same thing.

"Guys. Please chill. I have about 1,000 more combs i could use. I fell asleep last night, and didn't wrap my hair because i was dead tired from that mission. I looked like the queen of 'nappiness' when i woke up, which is why i couldn't get up," I said to them, motioning the last part to Pietro.

Thor and Clint threw their hands up in surrender and slowly backed out of the room.

"I'd like to see this interesting process," Tony said. "And what does nappiness mean?" He asked turning to me, then Sam, then James. I turned back to the mirror and finished the last section of my hair. I combed it out to make it look good.

"I have to change." I said to Tony, Pietro, Sam, and James, who were still standing in my room.

"You need to leave." I said.

I used my wind powers to push them out of my room.

"Adios!" I said, while pushing them out. I locked my door from the inside. Man i really need to change that code, I thought, shaking my head.

AN/ Hey guys, thanks for reading! I hope you like the series so far. Leave me suggestions of imagines i should write, and I'll write them! Thanks!!