One...

"You don't even realize how absurd that sounds. Do you, Wang Yibo?" Yibo ignored his mate's exasperated sigh and continued working on his laptop well aware of the intense stare being directed his way. So what if he was being absurd? If it kept Zhan near him safe and sound, there was nothing Wang Yibo was unwilling to do but, it seemed like his firecracker didn't agree with Yibo. In fact, if those furious eyes and pursed lips were any indications, Zhan was definitely considering kicking his ass. His firecracker's burning gaze was drilling holes into him but Yibo didn't let that deter him. He was not going to budge on this. So the Alpha pair was in Yibo's study like most days but this time, Zhan was sitting on Yibo's desk with his arms crossed across his chest and an annoyed look on his face.

Almost half an hour ago, Zhan had come into the office, kissed Yibo and perched his delectable ass on his mate's desk like every other day. Yibo had felt his lips tug into a smile but that joy was quickly replaced by a frown when with that signature heart-stopping smile of his, Yibo's firecracker announced, "Jiyang and I are going to watch a movie. I'll be back in a few hours." Yibo had barely heard the entire sentence and he was rising from his chair, placing his hands on either side of his mate caging him against the desk. Zhan had slowly raised a brow questioningly as if he couldn't understand why Yibo was behaving this way but Yibo had a perfectly reasonable reason for it. "You aren't going. Zhang Wei's men could still be out there."  He had hoped Zhan to understand him and agree but all he had received was a low laugh. "It has been more than a year, Yibo. How long do you plan on using those vampires as an excuse? You seriously can't expect me to be okay with this", came the words with a roll of eyes but Yibo only shrugged a shoulder, not explaining himself. Yibo did expect Zhan to be okay with this. The Lan Alpha wasn't going to let his firecracker leave his side and Zhan would have to make peace with that fact. It had been only a month since they got officially mated and Yibo had hoped that the mating ceremony and the fact that the entire shifter world now knew that Xiao Zhan was his would appease his wolf but it hadn't happened. Yibo still didn't feel close enough to his firecracker. His wolf knew the answer why and so did Yibo but admitting the reason out loud didn't seem right. So, Yibo settled for the second-best option. Being joined at the hip to his firecracker every minute of the day. It was the only way he could still stay sane because the fear of losing Zhan was still alive within him and honestly, Yibo wasn't sure if it would ever go away.

"Can you pout someday else, Wang Yibo? I have plans today!" "No, you don't." Yibo's wolf was growling within him, his protective instincts riding him hard and Yibo sat back on his chair turning his eyes to his laptop again. "You are being completely unreasonable, Yibo."  Yibo didn't address his mate's words, his gaze remaining glued to the screen which was a big mistake on his part because the next second he felt a sharp sting on his earlobe. Yibo's free hand went straight to his ear and the Lan Alpha touched the stinging flesh, his glacial gaze clashing with his mate's. Yibo was no stranger to the fact that he made a lot of people uncomfortable with his cold face. He knew all too well what his arctic gaze did to people. He often saw fear creep up on their faces just at the sight of him scowling and Yibo liked that. So did his wolf. That fear made everyone less likely to try to harm Yibo's little world but did those stares work on the person they needed to work the most on? Fuck, no. If anything, Yibo's fiery part-Alpha was always amused when Yibo glared at him.

"You want these ears attached to your body, baby?" came the hushed taunt and Yibo's body came alive as Zhan leaned closer and the scent of vanilla and chocolate filled his lungs. "If you do like them then make sure you listen to me when I am talking", his firecracker whispered sweetly, his eyes shining a bright amber and all Yibo wanted was to drag his mate onto his lap and spank his delectable ass. After he fucked it to his heart's content that is. Zhan's mouth was inches away from his and feeling the controllable urge to taste that cherry mouth, Yibo's eyes latched onto it. "I was listening", Yibo rasped raising his head to kiss his mate senseless but before he could, his firecracker had leaned away making him growl out loud. "Come here", Yibo snarled standing up from his chair and Zhan only leaned further away until he was almost flat on his back on Yibo's desk and Yibo's torso was hovering over him. "I would let you kiss me if you weren't being a complete, paranoid ass. You know, Xize is keeping his eyes on those vampires and none of them have attempted to hurt us. Honestly, it would be more surprising if anyone tried coming after me knowing what your wolf did to Zhang Wei. Shifters still talk about you biting Zhang Wei's head off while he was still screaming. There are a few dramatic flares here and there but you did decapitate him. FanXing still shudders every time he hears the story."  "There is still a chance his coven-"  "You have been using that excuse for a long time now, Yibo." Zhan cut Yibo off and covered Yibo's mouth with his palm when he tried to speak. The Lan Alpha's eyes narrowed in displeasure but Zhan just threw a sweet smile his way. "I went along with it because I was busy with work and we had Yuan to think about. But, Yuan is going to the Jiang territory today with Hedi and FangXin. I have been working my ass off for the last three weeks and I want to have some fun. So, I am going. Xuan, Yubin, and A-Qing are coming as well so, you being an overprotective ass is completely unnecessary." A kiss was placed on Yibo's throat and shocked to stillness the Lan Alpha was gaping when Zhan slid off his desk. "I'll get going. You can go back to work now. Don't miss me too much."