Chapter 1

"Hey, woman! You could have started an accident!" What? Accident? Did the fire reach the civilian residents? No. It couldn't be. The Legends' building is far from theirs. But the fire was spreading too quickly. It couldn't have, right?

"When will you move out of the way?! We have jobs, damn it!" (Name) opened her eyes and saw an unfamiliar place. There were more people than usual as she have seen in her city's streets. Even an accident wasn't enough to turn their heads in her direction.

That's when she heard police sirens from afar. It was nostalgic to hear that sound again. Who would blame her? She has been protecting her country without the police's help.

The police car eventually reached the accident and the police officers were making sure the people won't be able to get close to the street. One officer went to the woman who was still on the ground, curling her body. "Miss, please stand up and move out of the road. You're causing a scene."

Realizing that she was on the street, curled up, she stood up and went straight to the sidewalk, her heart beating faster from embarrassment. The cop trailed behind her as if he was chasing her. And that's what he's doing. "Excuse me, miss. Before you could go to your job, we'll have to escort you to the police station for interrogation. After we get the answers we need, we'll have to take you to a hospital."

The last sentence got the (Name)'s attention. "What do you mean I have to go to a hospital? I'm perfectly fine." She defends herself as she moves her limbs to prove her statement. Although she proved him wrong, the police officer was doubtful of her words. Noticing the doubtful expression on his face, she agrees to come with them for inspection.

(Name) fidgeted on her seat from the stares of the people who were inside the interrogation room, her eyes staring at the floor to avoid their inspecting eyes. For what seemed like forever, the sound of the door opened. She looked up and is met by two adults. One was a fairly tall and fit man who is reasonably good-looking. He has high cheekbones, a short mustache, and short black hair. His hair is constantly slicked back with two loose locks hanging across his forehead. The other one was a large man He has a thick mustache and thick eyebrows. The tall and fit man's expression was filled with annoyance as he walks through the door. That was until he saw you.

His expression morphed into a lovestruck expression. He dashed towards in front of you and does a neck bow. "A pleasure to meet you, miss. I would like to introduce myself to a lovely lady like you." He straightens his back and points to himself with his thumb. "It is I, the famous detective in Japan, Mouri Kogoro!" Is he lying? Is this part of the interrogation? Are they testing her and observing her expression? What should she do? If she acts like she doesn't know him, they'll be suspicious of her because he's famous in the country, and hearing someone say they don't know him, it'll be suspicious. If she acts as if she knows him, they might be testing her if she's just playing along and might suspect her. 

The air conditioner's sound was the only sound that was heard in the room. It was getting awkward for the detective. Looking at Mouri"s face, she chose to act as if she knows him. "Oh my. You're that detective I see in the newspapers. It's a pleasure to meet you in person, sir." She morphed her face into a shocked yet excited expression, adding a little flinch to make it more believable. 

The detective's ego grew more when he heard her. He playfully chuckles and sits on the chair across from you. "Now, let's hear your story, miss." That sentence made the female confused. She sends a questioning gaze toward him, signaling him to elaborate on what he was talking about. Instead of the detective talking. The other person that was with him, came forward. "I expected that this would be your reaction." He takes off his cap and holds it near his chest. "Greetings. I am Megure Juzo, known as Inspector Megure." He places his hat back on his head. "Back to the topic, you were found in the middle of the road. Nobody noticed you crossing the pedestrian lane, and I hope I'm not offending you with your choice of scent; you smell like ashes."

The last sentence made (Name) sniff her blazer's sleeve. The ashy smell on her blazer made her noticeably flinch. So you're telling her that she's been walking towards the police station smelling like that? She could only duck her head in shame and embarrassment just by thinking about the stares she got from everyone who passed her. "You're not offending me in any way, inspector! And about me curling on the road was..." What excuse should she make? In front of her was a famous detective, which would mean he has solved multiple cases. One mistake will expose her!

Wait. Why was she being wary? There is nothing to be concerned about. Who would care if they know her identity? Isn't this a world with quirks? No. It's too dangerous. While passing by some people, there were no mutant quirks. Could that blue flame transport her here? Thinking about blue flames, she remembered the necklace she was assigned to supervise. She wanted to rummage through her shoulder bag and look for that damn artifact, but couldn't because of the situation she was in.

The long pause from the gal made her more suspicious in someone's eyes. That person was a kid with dark brown hair which mostly hangs downwards just above his eyes, but there are also a few strands that stick up at the front and back of his head. With the glasses he was wearing, it was impossible to see his eyes because of the light. 

To not raise any more suspicion, she rashly made an excuse. "The reason I was there was that I'm not really-" Her speech was overlapped by a masculine voice. "Detective Mouri, I found something weird in the surveillance cameras you assigned me to look at." That caught everyone's attention.

The detective in front of the stressed girl questioningly points to himself. "I did?" It took a second for him to be boisterous, laughing like he was proud of the thing he did. "Of course, I did! I'm the greatest after all." Inspector Megure could only be ashamed of his behavior.

Inspector Megure looked at the unidentified person. "Well, what did you find officer Takagi?" Takagi straightened his posture and explained what he saw. "I can't exactly explain the whole thing, inspector. It's too complicated and phenomenal." She's screwed. She realized that this place wasn't where she lives. Judging by how he described the transportation method, it seemed like it wasn't normal to them. The next thing she might see is syringes and scientists experimenting on her.

"What are you waiting for, Mouri? Let's go." Mouri went outside and followed the officer. Before the inspector could step outside, he looked at her. "It's also advised to stay here until we investigate the evidence. We apologize for taking your time, miss." Then, he left.

She knew damn well she was screwed.

Author's Note: 

Comment your favorite show, and I might add it here.