76┃parenting 101

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"Conjoined twins separation, Mark! Do you know how badly I wanna scrub in on that?" she threw him a glare, "You're gonna go split those twins, then come back here and tell me all about it. I mean, they're gonna call me from the gallery, but still."

Whether or not Mark was listening to her words, she was not sure, because that stupid smile on his face was permanently bound on their little boy. She physically grabbed his chin to move his face up-away from Kai and back to her.

"I can't leave him," Mark mumbled when the boy had quieted down. "Come on, look at him! He's so-argh! What if he misses me? He's gonna miss his Dad."

She snorted at his look and shook her head. "Dada's gonna cry when he goes to work and save lives," she spoke in a singsong tone, and he huffed at her.

"I might, actually."

"Don't I just love your dramatic arse?"

"Mm... I love you more, Laurie."

"I do hope so. This is your son who's sucking me right now."

Mark narrowed his eyes before leaning closer to Kai's face. "You're one lucky little man," he whispered with a hint of jealousy before placing a soft kiss on his head.

❦ ❦ ❦

3 WEEKS OLD

KAI HAD HIS EYES OPENED, looking at his Dad and Uncle Derek, who stood next to each other, staring back at him.

"You can see it, right?" Mark nudged his best friend, staring back and forth between them.

"T-The resemblance?" Derek cocked a brow at him before staring back at Kai. "Not to break it to you, Mark, but he's a baby. He resembles... other babies."

Mark rolled his eyes. "Okay, fine. You want incontrovertible proof?" He reached out his hand to move the blanket away from the baby, slowly unbuttoning the bottom of his onesie. "Look at that."

"Oh," Derek brows shot up while Mark smirked smugly back at him. "Alright, well, it's impressive. I'll give you that."

"He's a Sloan," the father of the child grinned to himself, nodding favourably.

Timothy walked into the room, staring at both of them by the bassinet with a raised brow. "You know, Mark, Nor would kill you if she sees you doing..." he trailed off before approaching them curiously, "...wait, what are you doing?"

Mark nudged his head at his son, who was still staring back at him. Timothy folded his arms above his chest with a teething toy still in his hand and nodded approvingly. "Yeah, okay, I get it now," he commented, clapping Mark on the back.

"He's a Sloan."

"Guess the stuffed elephant Meredith and I picked out is a great choice, huh?" Derek smirked at Mark, who snorted in agreement.

Norah stood at the doorframe, carrying Sofia in her arm while she threw each of them a hard glare; Timothy and Derek were quick to push Mark forward. "What the f-frog-are you three gits doing?!"

❦ ❦ ❦

S8 EP12

4 WEEKS OLD

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ZOLA," Norah grinned at the girl sitting on Meredith's hip. Mark entered the house after her with Kai strapped to his front.

Zola smiled back shyly before burying her face to her mother's shoulder, her hand holding onto Meredith's neck. "Say thank you, Zola, thank you," Meredith grinned back before glancing at the other baby, "How's Kai doing over there?"