"H-he tried to k-kiss me," I am forced to admit.

And that's all it takes. I see his restraint snap and in seconds he is up and storming towards the door, snatching his keys off the entry table.

"Daemon!" I scream, my voice filled with terror.

He isn't himself. He's overcome with pure rage, and the newly established mate bond has probably intensified that rage by tenfold. And I severely fear for Jay's life at this moment. Sure. He's tall. He's strong. He's older than me and our friends, too, because he started school late. But against Daemon? He stands no chance. None.

I run out after him, latching onto his arm before he can reach the car. "Don't do this. Don't you dare do this!"

He scowls at me, pulling from my grasp. So I cross my arms, glaring up at him. "This is why I didn't want to tell you! Because I knew—I knew you'd react like this!"

He shakes his head, brow furrowed in anger, "He—He put his hands on you! He touched my mate and you want me to sit on my ass and let it go?!"

"J-Jay isn't a bad person, Daemon. H-He's just had feelings for me for a long time!"

"You think I don't know that? You're the only one that's news to,"

"I was naive, I-I admit that, but—"

"This is the guy you told me fucked you when I was gone!"

"You know that was a lie!" I argue, desperately trying to reason with him.

"Right," he lets out a dry, sarcastic huff of amusement, "But he would've if you let him. He's been trying this shit since the first day you met him!"

"I will m-make my own decisions regarding Jay, not you! I'm going t-to go see him and reasonably talk it out!"

Daemons eyes darken, his anger rising. "No you won't," he growls, jaw clenched, "You are mine. No fucking alpha touches what is mine."

It's intimidating, his towering presence leaving me feeling powerless. I hate it. The way he's using his strength to his advantage, his alpha status to make me submit. What we do in bed is one thing but I decide I won't tolerate it here, when I'm trying to have a conversation.

"D-Don't talk that way to me," I say, trying to stand my ground. "I h-hate it when you act like this!"

"You hate when I act like this?" He says angrily, as if in disbelief. "You're making me act like this!" he shouts, taking a lightning fast step towards me as his eyes blaze and without realizing, I flinch back, throwing my arms up to shield myself as I clench my eyes shut.

"I-I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" I cry out in fear, my entire body shaking as I instinctively prepare to be hurt, flashbacks of all the other times I was punished streaming through my mind at once.

It goes quiet. I blink my eyes open, remembering where I am. No. No. I did not just fucking do that! I look up at Daemon to find the rage is gone. Only a look of pain and heartbreak remains on his face. Great. Fucking great. I just made myself seem absolutely pathetic.

"I...I would never hurt you, baby," he rasps out, "I would rather die than hurt you,"

My lip trembles, the waterworks threatening to burst as I give him a steely look before snapping, "I'm not your baby,"

Then I turn away, storming back inside. I make my way up the stairs, throwing open the door to our bedroom and grabbing a bag before I start chucking my stuff into it, overcome with white hot shame and anger. As if this night couldn't get any worse.