CHAPTER 3: THE WAY OF WATER

Na'vi language - bold italics

Jake narrating - Bold

Sign language/ tulkun speaking - italics

NEW

Through the eyes of te fiti - 𝘌𝘹𝘢𝘮𝘱𝘭𝘦 (neater italics?)

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

"𝙄 𝙒𝙄𝙎𝙃 𝙄'𝘿 𝘽𝙀𝙀𝙉 𝙏𝙃𝙀𝙍𝙀. 𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙊𝘾𝙀𝘼𝙉 𝘽𝙇𝙀𝙎𝙎 𝙔𝙊𝙐 𝙏𝙒𝙊 𝙒𝙄𝙏𝙃 𝘼 𝙂𝙄𝙁𝙏." Kiri said looking at the two before her. "The Tulkun have not returned yet, and anyway no tulkun is ever alone." Ao'nung explained.

"This one was. She had a missing fin. Like a stump on the left side" Lo'ak explained not wanting to expose the tulkun for being Y/N's mother, much to her appreciation. "Payakun. It's payakun" Tsireya said wearily.

"Who payakun?" Kiri asked. The na'vi girl shook her head. How wrong the stories had been. "A young tulkun went rogue. He's out cast alone. And he has a missing fin." Rotxo explained. "It's a girl!" Y/N quickly corrected.

"They say she's a killer." Tsireya said to her best friend. "No."

"They killed na'vi, and other tulkun. Not here but far to the south." Ao'nung cleared. "You don't understand, she's harmless. And her name isn't payakun, it's Tala." The familiar not processing through the metkayina na'vi.

She tried to tell them, but they ignored her claims. "Y/N you two are lucky to be alive." Grabbing her friends hands. "We're telling you guys she saved our lives. She's my friend."

"My baby bro, the mighty warrior who survived the killer tulkun and lived to tell about it." Lo'ak hissed and elbows his brother away. "You guys aren't listening." Standing up he grabbed the girls hand and walking away.

"No Y/N, lo'ak i'm listening." Tuk called out to them.

Pulling him to a stop the girl looked into his eyes. "Lo'ak I cannot go today I have to show them the tree of souls. But tell her I said hello" Giving her a nod he got onto his ilu and ventured out to be with tala.

.・゜゜・

Ilu's swam through the sea, Y/N and the others diving through the coral covered rocks that floated in the water. "We are here" Tsireya and her friend led the way into the cove of the ancestors.

"This is the cove of the ancestors, our most sacred place." She explained, showing off the assortment of various land forms that held their tree of souls in the middle. "Eclipse is the best time to be here."