• Chapter 4 •

Start from the beginning

Rora was quick to have enough of the man's nonsense as she lifted her gun and shot through the screen, the voice of Hassan finally cutting out. Soap jerked his head towards her, a surprised look on his face as he looked at her face, then the rifle in her hands.

„What?" she asked, not getting the look he was giving her.

„You could've just told me to shut it down," he gestured towards the remains of the laptop, a big hole gaping through where the screen was.

„I took care of it," she shrugged her shoulder.

„Fuckin' hell," he muttered, amusement showing through his voice as he shook his head.

Roger," Ghost's voice pierced through her ears, distracting her attention from Soap. „Time to hit the crash site."

„Do you think it really as bad as it looks?" Rora dared to ask as they left behind the building, approaching the crouched-down Ghost behind a small concrete block, it giving him just enough cover.

„Let's hope it's not," Soap gave her a brief answer, approaching Ghost soundlessly, but like nothing in this world, it didn't go unnoticed by the lieutenant, his head turning in their direction.

„Soap- we're moving to the crash site to help the wounded," he spoke up, nodding towards the remains of the helicopter. „Rest o' you hold here and cover us," Ghost directed his words towards Rora and the other Bravo who stick with them, both of them nodding in agreement.

„Don't actually shoot my back, Wells," Soap commented, keeping his eyes on the darkness that laid beyond the crash site, trying to spot any enemy lines behind it.

„I can't promise anything. I'm pretty shit with the sniper," she shrugged her shoulder, propping the sniper against the cement block they crouched behind, ignoring the slightly panicked look the other sergeant gave to her. Ghost gave her an unamused look, shaking his head as he motioned Soap to move towards the helo.

„Alpha0-2, Bravo 0-7. Building two secure. We're coming to you," Ghost said into the comms, his voice steady in her ear as she kept her eyes on the darkness in front of her, flipping her night-vision goggles back on her eyes.

A few moments of silence weighed on them as she and the Bravo covered for them, scanning the horizon for any movement before he decided to break the awkward silence.

„So, you're really shit with the sniper?" he asked, unsureness tinting his voice. The woman next to him let out an annoyed groan.

„I can still hit you with it if you don't shut up," she murmured, ignoring the way he slightly shifted away from her, probably fearing that she will actually put a bullet in him. She may be shit in long distances, but in close proximity, she was deadlier than anybody. She ignored the look the other Bravo on her right gave her.

She watched as Ghost and Soap disappeared inside the ruins, scanning the trees with her scope. The fog that hung over the air made it harder to spot enemies, and the fact that there was absolutely no coverage of the men inside the helo had made her nervous. Her pulse quickened, her eyes franticly jumping to the slightest movement a breeze can make, her paranoia making it present itself as her palms started to sweat.

And then a shadow starts to move in the distance.

„Got movement, boys," she warns them in the comms, her finger tightening around the trigger, itching to fire upon those who are preying on them.

Fuckin' great," Soap hissed back, a ghost of a smile appearing on her lips. Sadly, it disappeared quickly as someone fired upon the helo, the shot echoing through the field.