holiday #2 (platonic grunk)

hi I just wanted to say thank u all so much for 1k+ reads, I'm actually so surprised I got this much in like a week or something. also sorry I can't upload that fast, I literally cut my thumb so bad and I couldn't type normal for like 3 days. also been kind of busy and overwhelmed, so sorry!!

platonic grunk story, new years (short story) 4 people that don't know, platonic means affectionate, not romantic

it's new years eve, and you wanted to spend it with your bestfriend, grunk.

you also noticed you have never went sledding in your entire life.

so you called him, and he agreed to go with you.

you two decided to meet up at a city 10 minutes away, which was most popular for its hills and sledding areas. it was always lit up at night.

it was already 10 pm, so you needed to get ready pretty fast, because you needed to be there at about 11.

you got dressed in a cozy outfit and headed to your car.

the roads were very slick, so you needed to drive slowly.

you got there after 20 minutes, and there was quite a lot of people.

you got out your car and you got your sled.

all of a sudden you heard footsteps running up behind you, it was grunk.

"can you believe it! it's almost 2023!!" he said.

you really didn't care about what year it was.

"yes, i can believe it. are you ready to go sledding?" you turned around.

"yeah, let's go" you followed him to the hill.

you and grunk got on your sleds, and on the count of 3, you went.

1, 2, 3...

wow, it was fast. you looked beside you and didn't see grunk.

when you got to the bottom of the hill you looked back.

grunk was still trying to slide down, he was going so slow.

you ran up the hill and started pushing him faster.

ugh, maybe if he didn't get a $15 kid spongebob sled, he would go faster.

when he got to the bottom, you said, "grunk.. how about you just get on my sled, instead of... your sled."

"ok sure"

you went to the top of the hill again, only to check your phone and realise it was 11:45 ALREADY.

"oh my gosh, it's almost 12!" you said to grunk.

"what?!! i wanna watch the fireworks!" he responded.

oh yeah, there was also fireworks. you also realised there weren't much people sledding, they were just watching fireworks.

so you guys did the same, just watched.

you began the countdown on your phone, until the last minute.

people all around you were counting down, fireworks were starting to appear more.

all of it was pretty cool. then you heard the last 10 seconds being counted down to.

your last words were, "i hope i never see some of the bitches i met this year again"

and it was 2023.

"yay! it's new years!!" grunk cheered.

"you actually cheer on new years?" thats what you said before he pushed you down the hill. (u didn't die tho promise)

the end!!

and thank u guys sm for all the reads, i had a hard time tryna write all this because I originally wrote like a story with 1200 words and deleted it. so ya thank u for reading!! and happy late new years