Lovesick & Longing

{A/N: I know IRL Billie Eilish wrote the song, but in this universe, it hadn't previously existed}

Key:

Y/N/N = Your Nickname

{Flashback}

Y/N: "Leo, come on."

Leo: "What?"

Y/N: "There is no way you aced the 14-40 on your second try."

Leo: "I did! Ask the others!"

Y/N: "Funny you should say that. I called Donnie to ask, and he snickered and said 'Try Raph'. So I called Raph, and he burst into laughter."

Leo dons a nervous smile as he gulps.

Leo: "What about Mikey?"

Y/N: "He's on the line right now.-*over the phone*-What's the verdict, hombrecito?"

Before Mikey can answer, Leo caves.

Leo: "All right, all right! I crashed. Both times."

Thankfully, a good brother always has their 3rd eldest brother's back.

Mikey: "But he did pretty good on his first try. Until he crashed his skateboard into the Wi-Fi router. And the second crash was intentional in order to stop the Foot from robbing the mall."

Me: "Thanks, Mike. See you tomorrow, and give Splinter my best."

I end the call as Leo looks away in embarrassment.

Me: "Leo, I don't think any less of you. No one gets it right on the first try. Not even the all-time champ of forever. Heck, I didn't get the hang of playing the guitar or piano for a full month. I got, like, 20 calls from my neighbors asking if something was wrong with my cat. And I'm a dog person."

Leo chuckled at the start of her pep talk, but now he was full-on laughing, just as Y/N had expected.

Leo: *chuckles* "Ah, man. See, this is why I love you."

That, however, was something neither of them were expecting. Leo wasn't expecting it to slip out like that, and Y/N thought he was kidding. But even if he wasn't, it was very awkward since they each had secretive feelings for one another.

Leo: "Uh, you know, I think I hear Donnie calling. Gotta go!"

Leo leaps out of Y/N's room, onto the fire escape, and disappears into the night.

{Present time}

That was 10 minutes ago, and all Y/N can think about is how differently that might've gone if Leo hadn't suddenly left like that. But, segue, she's also been working on something to help her vent her frustrations and concerns in a healthy way. Once that's done, she puts her notepad away, grabs her guitar, and presses the play button on her computer to get the music going.

{A/N: Start video}

Y/N:

It's not true

Tell me I've been lied to

Runnin' isn't like you

Ooh

What the heck did I do?

Never been the type to

Let someone see right through

Ooh

Maybe won't you take it back?

Say you were tryna make me laugh

And nothin' has to change today

You didn't mean to say, "I love you"

I love you and I don't want to

Ooh

Up all night on another red eye

I wish we never learned to fly

I

Maybe we should just try

To tell ourselves a good lie

I didn't mean to make you cry

I

Maybe won't you take it back?

Say you were tryna make me laugh

And nothin' has to change today

You didn't mean to say, "I love you"

I love you and I don't want to

Ooh

The smile that you gave me

Even when you felt like cryin'

We fall apart as it gets dark

I'm in your arms in Central Park

There's nothin' you could do or say

I can't escape the way I love you

I don't want to, but I love you

Just when she's about to turn in for the night, Y/N turns around to see Leo sitting in her bedroom window.

Y/N: "Leo. Hey, uh, I was just-"

Leo: "So I'm not the only one."

Y/N raised an eyebrow in slight confusion.

Me: "The only one...?"

Leo: "I meant what I said earlier. Right before I ran off like an idiot."

Y/N let out a slight chuckle as Leo smiled at her with pure adoration and sincerity.

Me: "In that case, I love you, skater boy."

Leo: "And I love you, reina de mi corazón."

Y/N's smile grew wider as she leaped into Leo's arms and he pulled her into a lasting, loving, passionate kiss. And so, after all that time of being lovesick & longing for one another, these two lovebirds had finally found the happily ever after they deserved.

THE END