The Right Love

{A/N: I know that in reality Abigail Fierce wrote the song, but in this universe this song hadn't previously existed; Photo above is just to give you an idea of what Mikey looks like with his eyes sparkling; Ignore Splinter's hand in the bottom left corner of the photo; Words in 'these quotations' are character thoughts}

Key:

Y/F/N = Your Full Name

Y/N/N = Your Nickname

In New York, there were two super teams, both having one particular team member in common. The first team was known as The Mad Dogs, Leonardo, Michelangelo, Donatello, and Raphael. They protected New York City, and the Hidden City, whenever they were needed. Last but not least, there was the team that the former referred to as The Dynamic Duo. This team consists of Michelangelo and Y/F/N, the latter being the BFF of the former and girlfriend to the Mad Dogs' leader, Leonardo.

Y/N has known the Mad Dogs for half her life and has been good friends with them. However, she's always been closer to Leo and Mikey, Leo being her boyfriend and Mikey being the same age as her and sharing her love for the arts. Coincidentally, Mikey had helped influence Leo's decision to ask her out two years ago tomorrow. Neither of them could be any more grateful towards him than they had been from that day forward.

On this particular night, Y/N and Mikey were having a 'Pitch Perfect' Marathon in the living room of Y/N's apartment in honor of their weekly Movie Night Extravaganza. Mikey always added the 'Extravaganza' part whenever it became part of their conversations. They were currently halfway through the final part of the trilogy before Mikey paused it so that they could begin their discussion of how they were enjoying the movies so far.

Mikey: "So, what do we think?"

Y/N: "Well, the plot-line seems to be intact, the music blends well with the setting as well as the dialogue, their pitch is perfect, and the only problem I have with it so far is the idea of Beca and Jesse calling it quits."

Mikey's smile grows slightly in agreement, eyes sparkling in excitement, as he interjects.

Mikey: "I know, right?! I mean, they almost remind me exactly of you and Leo, minus the breakup. Plus, you are a pretty good vocalist. You'd be a shoo-in for the Bellas if they were real."

Y/N laughs at that last statement as she nods her head.

Y/N: "I wish, but out of curiosity, what is it about their relationship pre-breakup that reminds you of me and Leo's?"

Mikey gave her a look of disbelief as he explained the reasoning behind his viewpoint.

Mikey: "You're kidding, right? Think about it. You & Beca are free-spirited, talented, creative, caring, and devoted. Meanwhile, Leo & Jesse are eccentric, outgoing, extroverted, enthusiastic, avidly fanatic, and headstrong, albeit slightly stubborn when the moment calls for it."

At that moment, Mikey's stomach growled in hunger as Y/N let out a small laugh.

Y/N: "Sounds like someone's blood sugar's runnin' low. Would popcorn fix this little dilemma?"

Mikey rapidly shook his head with a sweet smile as he got up from his place on the couch and walked towards the kitchen counter to refill his popcorn bowl. Suddenly, he spots a sheet of paper on the kitchen table.

As his curiosity gets the best of him, he walks towards it to discover an entire song written out in Y/N's handwriting. Next to it is her laptop open to a tab with a music track she's made herself.