𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚂𝚞𝚗

To get your request of having an audience with Princess Rapunzel permitted was the easy part.

Then came the not-so-easy part. Showing up on time and talking comprehensively.

Even while Princess Rapunzel was beloved amongst her people, known as caring and kind, her title still asked for respect. It instilled fear in you.

You didn't normally come into contact with anyone of royal background, so doing so twice in the span of one week was... unusual to say the least.

And not in a good way. It felt like your stomach flipped and it gave you nausea.

So pacing around your room while preparing questions had been a normal amount of preparation. You were close to making notecards, but it would've been pretty weird to read them out during a conversation.

Especially during one with a princess. So instead, you learned the words by heart.

Which took some time, which you could've spent doing something more productive.

Oh well. Too late now.

I mean, you were already in front of the big doors leading to the throne room, where Princess Rapunzel of Corona was patiently awaiting you.

You didn't want to keep her waiting, not at all, but you still hesitated for a good few seconds, hand hovering over the doorknob.

You were about to go ahead and open the door, even going so far as gulping, when it swung open.

Luckily, you were able to dodge just in time.

Sharp reflexes, (Y/N). That could have given you a serious concussion.

The door was flung against the wall, and for a second you were scared that it would fly out of it's hinges. But it seemed to be intact.

Standing in the doorframe was the well-known Princess Rapunzel, along with her long, golden, - had you mentioned long? - hair.

You had heard rumours about her mystical hair. And about the sundrop. But seeing it in person, with your own eyes... well, it was certainly impressive.

How in the world did that hair not slow her down?

And how was she so strong? And nonchalant about it too? She almost hit you into the next week, was she a bodybuilder or something???

Based on her frame, one wouldn't assume so.

But either way, she left you speechless for a short moment.

Then her eyes settled on you, practically sparkling, and she eagerly clasped her hands, bringing them up to her face.

She was smiling brightly. So brightly in fact, that you almost wanted to look away. If the sun was a person, it was her.

"Oh! You must be (Y/N)! Come in, come in!"