Chapter 23 - Allies

Start from the beginning

We explained and everyone else listened. It felt like I was in the middle of an armed interrogation, and I could get shot at any possible second.

-Except today. You were both shot by Aerosmith, and you Ravioli were badly wounded. I suppose the cause was the man we're all looking for, right? What led you here, to the same place as us?

Bruno was quite suspicious, I believe he trusted me, but now that they were also betrayers he was a lot more cautious. 

-Well...we might have slightly followed you, just a little bit, we figured out to come here because Risotto remembered a clue from the girl's house...

-You broke into my house?!

The girl immediately jumped up. Oops, I could've phrased it better...

-Trish, calm down!

Abbacchio shushed her. Trish. So that's her name.

-Why would you do that??

We heard Narancia's voice from above.

-Ravioli wasn't part of it. We searched her house because we were looking for the Boss, not to do her harm.

Risotto explained the situation better.

-We want to help you, join you even! After all, we have the same objective... We can help each other

I tried convincing Bruno. He thought for a bit, but before he could say anything, Giorno's laptop beeped. 

-There are no hits, Bucciarati...

Giorno looked disappointed, Bucciarati turned his attention away from us for a moment.

-Even if the Boss had a previous record, odds are he made sure it was erased... 

-But it has to be somewhere... That's why he tried to eliminate his own daughter and fears letting anyone know what he looks like

-...Why don't we look through the records of the dead? The Boss might have faked his own death.

-He most definitely did!

I interrupted them immediately when I heard that. They both looked up bewilderedly. 

-What do you mean? You know something we don't know?

Abbacchio stared down at us.

-Can you let us join you? We found some information too, information we can both benefit from...

I kept pleading for their full trust. Bruno thought for a while, then finally spoke.

-...Fine. I'm going to trust you. But you have to tell us all you know about the Boss

I smiled at him and we started sharing all we knew.

-We looked through the incident reports yesterday. We found a suspected arson crime in which two people died. A priest and his adopted son, but...the son's name was covered in ink. We asked the locals and the boy's description matched that of the Boss...

-Is that so? So you did know more than us in that regard... We used Abbacchio's Moody Blues and were able to get an idea of what the Boss looked like when young.

Bruno told us, Trish put a stone upper body of the Boss on the table. I felt sick seeing it. "That's him." I whispered. The man who destroyed my life. I clenched my hands in tight fits, they even started trembling. Risotto put his hand over mine, and whispered to me to breathe. It helped me to calm down a little, then to my surprise, Risotto began speaking.

-He didn't look like that when I fought him. No, he was completely different.

Everyone's heads turned to him.

-He looked like... A young boy, I even thought I had the wrong person and that perhaps he was just the Boss' right-hand man. But right before Ravioli came and intervened, his whole body and face changed... to look like this statue.

Everyone was shocked by his story, and made me think back to it too. He did look like he was in the middle of a transformation... But I didn't pay too much attention to it, after all, all I remembered of him were those sickly green eyes and pinkish hair.

-That makes his ability sound even more complicated...

Abbacchio sighed, and everyone else seemed to agree. We stood still for a few seconds, right until Giorno's laptop beeped again.

-No hits again, Bucciarati...

Bruno looked defeated, I bet I did too.

...Until a strange voice started speaking.

It was a weird voice, it sounded panicked, but in an excited way, as if he had been waiting for this moment for years. Giorno and Bruno began talking with the mysterious man who kept even his name a secret. "I'm also after Diavolo" that's what he said. Diavolo. So that's that monster's name. Fitting, I must admit. Before closing the communication, he told us one last thing.
"Meet me at the Colosseum in Rome"

So Rome, that's where we're going. Bucciarati's group suddenly gained three more allies in thirty minutes, and possibly got crucial information to unveil his identity and maybe, perhaps, finally defeat him. I took a deep breath and held Risotto's hand tightly. He looked into my eyes, his glance looked emotionless, but  I could see the hopefulness in it. We're headed to Rome, with a whole group of expert Stand users, on our way to meet someone who might have the key to this mystery, who could finally lock all of this tragic tale in the past. There's no way we'll lose. If we stay together, there's no way we'll lose. Victory we'll finally be on our side again.

💖A/N***

AAAH  7 minutes to midnight in my country 

HAPPY NEW YEAR!